Cat gets non-road Tier 4 certification
Caterpillar’s C13 ACERT and C15 ACERT engines received the United States Environmental Protection Agency’s Tier 4 emissions certification. The engines are the latest to receive certification in the 130 to 560 kilowatt power category.
These engines, in addition to the previously announced certified C9.3 ACERT engine families, will power a number of Cat products such as mid-range track-type tractors, motor graders and hydraulic excavators.
It is projected that Caterpillar will accumulate nearly one million hours of testing on Tier 4 Interim engines and machines by the end of 2010.
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151079 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1035 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production743 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 2015649 Views
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success566 Views