Cat marks mining truck milestone
Caterpillar manufactured and shipped the 500th 797 large mining truck to a coal mining contractor in Austrailia. The 797F, with 400 tons payload capacity, that marks the milestone represents the third generation of the largest mechanical-drive truck ever built.
The first 797 started operational testing in late 1998, and the population in the field grew to 250 in 2007. In the following three years, Caterpillar manufactured and delivered another 250 of the flagship model to large mining operations in Australia, North America and South America.
Caterpillar manufactured the 500th 797 and all of its predecessors at its Decatur, Illinois, facilities. For more information about the 797 mining truck, visit Cat’s Web site.
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success630 Views
- Miner seriously injured after articulated haul truck overturned549 Views
- Aggregates industry leader Bob Bartlett dies506 Views
- Obama says now is time to raise gas tax with oil prices plummeting465 Views
- LafargeHolcim is considering selling Lafarge India289 Views