Cat marks mining truck milestone
Caterpillar manufactured and shipped the 500th 797 large mining truck to a coal mining contractor in Austrailia. The 797F, with 400 tons payload capacity, that marks the milestone represents the third generation of the largest mechanical-drive truck ever built.
The first 797 started operational testing in late 1998, and the population in the field grew to 250 in 2007. In the following three years, Caterpillar manufactured and delivered another 250 of the flagship model to large mining operations in Australia, North America and South America.
Caterpillar manufactured the 500th 797 and all of its predecessors at its Decatur, Illinois, facilities. For more information about the 797 mining truck, visit Cat’s Web site.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Atlanta turning quarry into one of America's largest reservoirs1050 Views
- CRH continues to eye large deals to grow the Irish aggregate company479 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources423 Views
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger387 Views
- Nebraska company fined after loader operator dies in accident293 Views