Cat: New truck debuts at ConExpo
As expected, Caterpillar has announced that it will debut the first model of its full line of Cat Vocational Trucks –the Cat CT660 — at CONEXPO-CON/AGG on March 22, 2010. The Cat Vocational Day Cab Truck models will offer several engine options, including a Cat CT11 engine with ratings from 330 bhp to 390 bph, a Cat CT13 with ratings from 410 bhp to 475 bhp, and coming in 2012, a Cat CT15 with ratings from 435 bph to 550 bhp.
The Class 8 trucks will be sold and serviced exclusively through the Cat North American dealer network, with prodution beginning after CONEXPO for customer delivery later in the year. Cat says the trucks will “offer custom solutions for a large variety of job applications, from moving rock and hauling trash to logging and pouring concrete.”
According to George Taylor, director and general manager of the Cat Global On-Highway Department, the company “coupled customer input with our knowledge learned from years of experience working closely with different industries .. to identify the ideal standard options for various industry applications.”
In addition to the three engine choices, Cat says the trucks will have as an option the Cat CX31 torque-converter style automatic transmission, with three standard locations for rear power take off drive positions. The company says it will also offer a complete line of other OEM vocational transmission options, including Eaton manual and automated manual transmissions.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 20151559 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151033 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1005 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production637 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone404 Views