Cat offers simulation software to train heavy equipment operators
A simulated version of a machine is featured on-screen, and a random list of items is generated each time the module is entered. The user can pass the mouse over the inspection points and click on each to zoom in on the machine to identify any faults, or click on a component name in the list of items to zoom in on the inspection point.
The user must correctly identify the inspection points as good or faulty. The exercise ends with a detailed report showing the user’s results after the entire machine has been inspected. The walkarounds are available for small wheel loaders, track-type tractors, and wheel tractor scrapers.
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs717 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries288 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law219 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding219 Views
- Caterpillar to close Kentucky plant, cut 50 jobs201 Views