Cat offers simulation software to train heavy equipment operators
A simulated version of a machine is featured on-screen, and a random list of items is generated each time the module is entered. The user can pass the mouse over the inspection points and click on each to zoom in on the machine to identify any faults, or click on a component name in the list of items to zoom in on the inspection point.
The user must correctly identify the inspection points as good or faulty. The exercise ends with a detailed report showing the user’s results after the entire machine has been inspected. The walkarounds are available for small wheel loaders, track-type tractors, and wheel tractor scrapers.
From our partners
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana1159 Views
- A quarry worker was found dead in a lake a week after he fell from a floating dredge1035 Views
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program584 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas351 Views
- Senate DRIVE Act is a six-year transportation bill with three-year Highway Trust Fund financing guarantee289 Views