Cat offers simulation software to train heavy equipment operators
A simulated version of a machine is featured on-screen, and a random list of items is generated each time the module is entered. The user can pass the mouse over the inspection points and click on each to zoom in on the machine to identify any faults, or click on a component name in the list of items to zoom in on the inspection point.
The user must correctly identify the inspection points as good or faulty. The exercise ends with a detailed report showing the user’s results after the entire machine has been inspected. The walkarounds are available for small wheel loaders, track-type tractors, and wheel tractor scrapers.
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 20151551 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151034 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1011 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production693 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone409 Views