Cat, Wacker Neuson in compact excavator alliance
In a just signed agreement, Caterpillar will use Wacker Neuson to develop and manufacturer its compact excavators under 3 metric tons starting in mid 2011.
Under the 20-year agreement, three current Cat compact machines will be produced in Wacker Neuson’s Linz, Austria, production plant. Caterpillar plans to extend the model range up to seven machines, starting with a .8-metric-ton unit. The excavators will be distributed by Cat’s global dealer network, with the exception of Japan. The Cat models will “be clearly differentiated” from comparable Wacker Neuson models in the same product range.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs717 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries288 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law219 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding219 Views
- Caterpillar to close Kentucky plant, cut 50 jobs208 Views