Cat, Wacker Neuson in compact excavator alliance
In a just signed agreement, Caterpillar will use Wacker Neuson to develop and manufacturer its compact excavators under 3 metric tons starting in mid 2011.
Under the 20-year agreement, three current Cat compact machines will be produced in Wacker Neuson’s Linz, Austria, production plant. Caterpillar plans to extend the model range up to seven machines, starting with a .8-metric-ton unit. The excavators will be distributed by Cat’s global dealer network, with the exception of Japan. The Cat models will “be clearly differentiated” from comparable Wacker Neuson models in the same product range.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mike Rowe talks about the dirty topic of educating future workers428 Views
- McLanahan Rolls Out Four Key Products226 Views
- Rod Martin receives AggMan of the Year 2013 Award198 Views
- MSHA Assistant Secretary of Labor Main updates NSSGA on recent agency actions194 Views
- NSSGA debuts its new strategic plan172 Views