Cat, Wacker Neuson in compact excavator alliance
In a just signed agreement, Caterpillar will use Wacker Neuson to develop and manufacturer its compact excavators under 3 metric tons starting in mid 2011.
Under the 20-year agreement, three current Cat compact machines will be produced in Wacker Neuson’s Linz, Austria, production plant. Caterpillar plans to extend the model range up to seven machines, starting with a .8-metric-ton unit. The excavators will be distributed by Cat’s global dealer network, with the exception of Japan. The Cat models will “be clearly differentiated” from comparable Wacker Neuson models in the same product range.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers294 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger142 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park142 Views