Cat, Wacker Neuson in compact excavator alliance
In a just signed agreement, Caterpillar will use Wacker Neuson to develop and manufacturer its compact excavators under 3 metric tons starting in mid 2011.
Under the 20-year agreement, three current Cat compact machines will be produced in Wacker Neuson’s Linz, Austria, production plant. Caterpillar plans to extend the model range up to seven machines, starting with a .8-metric-ton unit. The excavators will be distributed by Cat’s global dealer network, with the exception of Japan. The Cat models will “be clearly differentiated” from comparable Wacker Neuson models in the same product range.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A truck driver died at a cement plant in Missouri684 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas423 Views
- Dolese Bros. spend millions to upgrade another facility in Oklahoma296 Views
- Lafarge NA sells $450 million in assets to Summit Materials270 Views
- A 20-year-old died while swimming in a New York quarry241 Views