Cat, Wacker Neuson in compact excavator alliance
In a just signed agreement, Caterpillar will use Wacker Neuson to develop and manufacturer its compact excavators under 3 metric tons starting in mid 2011.
Under the 20-year agreement, three current Cat compact machines will be produced in Wacker Neuson’s Linz, Austria, production plant. Caterpillar plans to extend the model range up to seven machines, starting with a .8-metric-ton unit. The excavators will be distributed by Cat’s global dealer network, with the exception of Japan. The Cat models will “be clearly differentiated” from comparable Wacker Neuson models in the same product range.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- U.S. Concrete purchases a New Jersey aggregate operation387 Views
- Thieves derail train in Mexico to steal 70 tons of cement338 Views
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest334 Views
- MSHA gives out $8.4 million to 47 states for mine safety and health training332 Views
- Four contractors compete for $1.1 billion I-285/GA 400 interchange project in Atlanta290 Views