Caterpillar and dealer Ring Power sign agreement with APR Energy
Caterpillar dealer Ring Power and APR Energy plc have signed an agreement to develop temporary power solutions globally to meet the needs of the growing international power projects (IPP) market, especially in the emerging markets.
The five-year agreement. publicly announced on Sept. 29, centers on APR working with Caterpillar, Ring Power, and the Cat dealer network to originate and respond to temporary power plant opportunities.
As part of the agreement, Caterpillar will supply mobile generator sets through Ring Power to APR Energy, including the new XQ2000 and XQ1475G power designed specifically for the international power projects market.
According to Caterpillar, APR will benefit from an increased flow of temporary power plant opportunities and from clear visibility of an integrated supply line to fulfill its diesel and gas engine requirements, and Caterpillar will benefit from an increased presence, on a global basis, in the IPP market.
“We are pleased to be working with Ring Power and APR Energy as we expand our growth in the international power projects business,” Bill Rohner, Caterpillar vice president with responsibility for electric power, said in a written statement. “APR’s experience in temporary power solutions, Caterpillar’s engineering and product expertise, and Ring Power’s rental experience will enable us to better serve our customers.”
From our partners
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person1008 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger387 Views
- Vulcan Materials conducts blast for the 'Mayan steps' restoration321 Views
- Caterpillar unveils the CT680, a rugged work truck wrapped in style (PHOTOS)195 Views
- Lafarge announces rural road solution as a low-cost alternative to asphalt191 Views