Caterpillar and dealer Ring Power sign agreement with APR Energy
Caterpillar dealer Ring Power and APR Energy plc have signed an agreement to develop temporary power solutions globally to meet the needs of the growing international power projects (IPP) market, especially in the emerging markets.
The five-year agreement. publicly announced on Sept. 29, centers on APR working with Caterpillar, Ring Power, and the Cat dealer network to originate and respond to temporary power plant opportunities.
As part of the agreement, Caterpillar will supply mobile generator sets through Ring Power to APR Energy, including the new XQ2000 and XQ1475G power designed specifically for the international power projects market.
According to Caterpillar, APR will benefit from an increased flow of temporary power plant opportunities and from clear visibility of an integrated supply line to fulfill its diesel and gas engine requirements, and Caterpillar will benefit from an increased presence, on a global basis, in the IPP market.
“We are pleased to be working with Ring Power and APR Energy as we expand our growth in the international power projects business,” Bill Rohner, Caterpillar vice president with responsibility for electric power, said in a written statement. “APR’s experience in temporary power solutions, Caterpillar’s engineering and product expertise, and Ring Power’s rental experience will enable us to better serve our customers.”
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Maryland man dies after becoming trapped in crushing machinery in asphalt plant514 Views
- MSHA issues citations to seven metal/non-metal mines during impact inspections in March380 Views
- FTC approves Holcim-Lafarge merger after companies agree to divest assets310 Views
- MSHA details mining deaths during quarterly training call279 Views
- Three people injured, two seriously, at underground quarry in Pennsylvania271 Views