Caterpillar announces retirement of Vice President Hans Haefeli, appoints Jean Savage as replacement
Haefeli joined Caterpillar in 1998 and has since held positions within three of the company’s subsidiaries: Perkins Engine Company Limited, Compact Power Systems Division and Building Construction Products Division.
He has served as vice president of Caterpillar since 2004.
Caterpillar also announced Friday that Jean Savage will replace Haefeli as vice president.
Savage, who currently serves as senior vice president and CEO of the Locomotive and Railcar Services business unit for Caterpillar subsidiary Progress Rail Services (PRS), will be responsible for the Advanced Components and Systems Division.
Prior to joining Progress Rail Services in 2002 as vice president for Quality and Continuous Improvement, Savage served as vice president of PRS’ Freight Car Repair, Parts and Quality Divisions.
Before working with PRS, she spent 15 years in a variety of manufacturing and engineering positions at Parker Hannifin Corporation and served nine years in the Army Reserves as a military intelligence officer.
Savage holds a bachelor’s degree in electrical and computer engineering from the University of Cincinnati and a master’s degree in engineering management from the University of Dayton.
Savage will assume her position as vice president of Caterpillar on April 1.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)347 Views
- Quarry worker safety is a big deal in the U.S., but not everywhere in the world277 Views
- Opportunities for worker recruitment and retention199 Views
- Caterpillar “Built For It” Trials video: Cat generator powers Lantern Festival in China’s Yuhu Village148 Views
- Aggregate production up 7 percent in 2014107 Views