Caterpillar CEO presents company’s five-year goals
Caterpillar CEO Doug Oberhelman reviewed the company’s updated five-year strategy and goals with analysts and investors at the New York Stock Exchange Thursday.
He expressed confidence during his presentation about Caterpillar’s growth opportunities throughout the world and the company’s strategic focus on operational execution. He highlighted a series of recent investments, totaling more than $2.5 billion that will position Caterpillar to expand rapidly.
Their primary goals are focused on delivering superior results, developing the best team of people and becoming the global leader everywhere they do business.
The Caterpillar Production System is the primary enabler of the company’s plan to execute the updated strategy. CPS already has resulted in gains in product quality, cost savings and employee safety. The company’s improved financial performance will allow them to continue making these strategic long-term investments.
Oberhelman’s presentation was the first he had given to analysts and investors at the New York Stock Exchange since first becoming Caterpillar’s CEO.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana1164 Views
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program593 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas377 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents289 Views
- A quarry worker was found dead in a lake a week after he fell from a floating dredge278 Views