Caterpillar CEO presents company’s five-year goals
Caterpillar CEO Doug Oberhelman reviewed the company’s updated five-year strategy and goals with analysts and investors at the New York Stock Exchange Thursday.
He expressed confidence during his presentation about Caterpillar’s growth opportunities throughout the world and the company’s strategic focus on operational execution. He highlighted a series of recent investments, totaling more than $2.5 billion that will position Caterpillar to expand rapidly.
Their primary goals are focused on delivering superior results, developing the best team of people and becoming the global leader everywhere they do business.
The Caterpillar Production System is the primary enabler of the company’s plan to execute the updated strategy. CPS already has resulted in gains in product quality, cost savings and employee safety. The company’s improved financial performance will allow them to continue making these strategic long-term investments.
Oberhelman’s presentation was the first he had given to analysts and investors at the New York Stock Exchange since first becoming Caterpillar’s CEO.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers294 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger142 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park142 Views