Caterpillar: D9T track-type tractor upgrades boost productivity, performance
New features on the Caterpillar D9T Track-Type Tractor include enhanced operator safety, comfort, and convenience, while also refining the performance and productivity. The machine is powered by a Cat C18 engine with ACERT Technology, rated at 410 horsepower with an operating weight of more than 110,000 pounds.
A low-effort electronic dozer control handle gives the operator control of all dozer functions with one hand. Operators can also enjoy comfort features such as adjustable arm rests, new automatic climate control, and the standard Cat Comfort Series Seat now available with optional heat and ventilation. A visibility package includes mirrors on the lift cylinders and a ROPS-mounted camera system with a 7-inch color monitor near the rear view mirror.
An optional Automatic Ripper Control keeps the drawbar load constant and minimizes track slip. In addition, Automated Blade Assist uses blade-pitch presets to simplify positioning, and an optional auto carry system automatically adjusts blade load during the carry segment.
The new Dynamic Inclination Monitor provides readouts of the tractor’s pitch angle and side-to-side slope, and a new operator-presence system locks out the power train and hydraulic system to avoid unintentional machine movement when the operator is entering or leaving the cab, assisted by redesigned steps, handles, and guardrails.
From our partners
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)347 Views
- Quarry worker safety is a big deal in the U.S., but not everywhere in the world308 Views
- Historical aggregate landmark disappears into Lake Superior210 Views
- Caterpillar “Built For It” Trials video: Cat generator powers Lantern Festival in China’s Yuhu Village150 Views
- Telsmith sponsors white paper on permitting133 Views