Caterpillar Inc. Vice President Gary Stroup retiring
Caterpillar Inc. Vice President Gary Stroup, 62, will retire following a career of more than 39 years with the company.
Stroup has been a Caterpillar vice president since 1992, and currently has responsibility for the Large Power Systems Division. A replacement for Stroup will be named prior to the end of the year.
“Gary’s transformational leadership has been critical to the success and profitability of our engine business as it has evolved and changed over the last 10 years to meet ever increasing customer and regulatory requirements,” said Gerard Vittecoq, Caterpillar Group President with responsibility for Energy and Power Systems, in a written statement. “His talent, expertise, passion and professionalism as a leader during his career have been matched by his focus on customers and developing people within Caterpillar.”
Stroup previously served as a Caterpillar vice president with responsibility for Solar Turbines Incorporated, vice president with responsibility for the Component Products Division and vice president with responsibility for the Mining & Construction Equipment Division and general manager of the Hauling Units and Motor Grader Business Unit. He joined Caterpillar in 1972 as a machine shop trainee and held a number of positions with increasing responsibility in manufacturing before being named manager of the transmission business unit in 1990.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers294 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger145 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park144 Views