Caterpillar: Packs more power than its predecessor
The 349E hydraulic excavator from Caterpillar features a 396 net horsepower Cat C13 ACERT engine that operates either on ultra-low-sulfur diesel fuel (ULSD) or a blend of ULSD and 20 percent biodiesel using the Cat Clean Emissions Module (CEM) to meet Tier 4 Interim standards.
Delivering more engine and hydraulic horsepower than its 345D predecessor, the excavator averages 5 percent improved fuel efficiency in typical applications, according to the manufacturer. In automatic mode, the excavator’s Cat Regeneration System allows the machine to work as normal with no interruptions to the work cycle.
The Engine Idle Shutdown setting allows the user to select how long the machine is permitted to idle before shutting down. An implement hydraulic system produces high hydraulic horsepower, and the boost in hydraulic flow contributes to the new model’s added power.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Osama bin Laden's family buys famous marble quarry1875 Views
- Four workers survive getting buried alive at sand and gravel plant1145 Views
- 15 quarry trespassers arrested in Pennsylvania469 Views
- VIDEO: Worker dangles from excavator hammer 100 feet up437 Views
- VIDEO: Excavator water skiing the best way to cool off, get hurt in a mudhole326 Views