Caterpillar: Packs more power than its predecessor
The 349E hydraulic excavator from Caterpillar features a 396 net horsepower Cat C13 ACERT engine that operates either on ultra-low-sulfur diesel fuel (ULSD) or a blend of ULSD and 20 percent biodiesel using the Cat Clean Emissions Module (CEM) to meet Tier 4 Interim standards.
Delivering more engine and hydraulic horsepower than its 345D predecessor, the excavator averages 5 percent improved fuel efficiency in typical applications, according to the manufacturer. In automatic mode, the excavator’s Cat Regeneration System allows the machine to work as normal with no interruptions to the work cycle.
The Engine Idle Shutdown setting allows the user to select how long the machine is permitted to idle before shutting down. An implement hydraulic system produces high hydraulic horsepower, and the boost in hydraulic flow contributes to the new model’s added power.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Check out this drone footage of the Atlanta quarry where 'The Walking Dead' was filmed (VIDEO)423 Views
- Rogers Group's Pottsville Quarry reaches for the stars346 Views
- Quarry Quest is returning to Michels Materials Quarry in Wisconsin for a 17th year (VIDEO)290 Views
- Caterpillar to lay off another 475 employees274 Views
- Texas town buys quarry land to eventually shut it down and keep the neighborhood quiet209 Views