Caterpillar: Packs more power than its predecessor
The 349E hydraulic excavator from Caterpillar features a 396 net horsepower Cat C13 ACERT engine that operates either on ultra-low-sulfur diesel fuel (ULSD) or a blend of ULSD and 20 percent biodiesel using the Cat Clean Emissions Module (CEM) to meet Tier 4 Interim standards.
Delivering more engine and hydraulic horsepower than its 345D predecessor, the excavator averages 5 percent improved fuel efficiency in typical applications, according to the manufacturer. In automatic mode, the excavator’s Cat Regeneration System allows the machine to work as normal with no interruptions to the work cycle.
The Engine Idle Shutdown setting allows the user to select how long the machine is permitted to idle before shutting down. An implement hydraulic system produces high hydraulic horsepower, and the boost in hydraulic flow contributes to the new model’s added power.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 897 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life491 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers287 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts167 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning154 Views