Caterpillar: Packs more power than its predecessor
The 349E hydraulic excavator from Caterpillar features a 396 net horsepower Cat C13 ACERT engine that operates either on ultra-low-sulfur diesel fuel (ULSD) or a blend of ULSD and 20 percent biodiesel using the Cat Clean Emissions Module (CEM) to meet Tier 4 Interim standards.
Delivering more engine and hydraulic horsepower than its 345D predecessor, the excavator averages 5 percent improved fuel efficiency in typical applications, according to the manufacturer. In automatic mode, the excavator’s Cat Regeneration System allows the machine to work as normal with no interruptions to the work cycle.
The Engine Idle Shutdown setting allows the user to select how long the machine is permitted to idle before shutting down. An implement hydraulic system produces high hydraulic horsepower, and the boost in hydraulic flow contributes to the new model’s added power.
From our partners
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Atlanta turning quarry into one of America's largest reservoirs1064 Views
- CRH continues to eye large deals to grow the Irish aggregate company477 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources435 Views
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger389 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register307 Views