Caterpillar updates 993K wheel loader with Tier 4 Final engine, cab improvements
Caterpillar announced updates to its 993K wheel loader headlined by the availability of either a Tier 4 Final or Tier 2 Equivalent Cat C32 engine.
Several new features in the 993K are all about conservation. New power train features and engine control reduce fuel consumption by as much as 10 percent over the previous model, the company says. Lower rated speed paired with a new torque converter, Auto Idle Kickdown, which reduces throttle-lock speed after a set idling interval, and Engine Idle Shutdown make the fuel savings possible. The wheel loader also adds a new battery management system that automatically shuts down electrical power and a delayed engine shutdown system.
The machine’s Vital Information System (VIMS 3G), which allows remote machine monitoring, has been updated with a cycle timer that tracks and stores all aspects of the truck loading cycle in an eight-segment format. This information can be used in managment reports.
The cab has been enhanced as well. Checking and draining fluid levels is as easy as a tap on the service center touch-pad, while noise and vibration levels have been reduced. Getting in and out is easier as well, as Cat has added self-storing stairs.
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151103 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production756 Views
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success607 Views
- Obama says now is time to raise gas tax with oil prices plummeting433 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone425 Views