Caterpillar updates 993K wheel loader with Tier 4 Final engine, cab improvements
Caterpillar announced updates to its 993K wheel loader headlined by the availability of either a Tier 4 Final or Tier 2 Equivalent Cat C32 engine.
Several new features in the 993K are all about conservation. New power train features and engine control reduce fuel consumption by as much as 10 percent over the previous model, the company says. Lower rated speed paired with a new torque converter, Auto Idle Kickdown, which reduces throttle-lock speed after a set idling interval, and Engine Idle Shutdown make the fuel savings possible. The wheel loader also adds a new battery management system that automatically shuts down electrical power and a delayed engine shutdown system.
The machine’s Vital Information System (VIMS 3G), which allows remote machine monitoring, has been updated with a cycle timer that tracks and stores all aspects of the truck loading cycle in an eight-segment format. This information can be used in managment reports.
The cab has been enhanced as well. Checking and draining fluid levels is as easy as a tap on the service center touch-pad, while noise and vibration levels have been reduced. Getting in and out is easier as well, as Cat has added self-storing stairs.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program603 Views
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana419 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas393 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents291 Views
- Lafarge NA sells $450 million in assets to Summit Materials221 Views