Cat’s new MD5150 track drill features a customer-inspired design
Caterpillar’s new MD5150 track drill features a customer-inspired design that drills holes up to 6 inches in diameter. The unit incorporates a rock drill, patented carousel rod changer, new cab, and many other features. The carousel rod changer holds six rods and accommodates multiple lengths and diameters of drill steel. Powerful dual-rod grippers and a unique gate design let the rod and gate move simultaneously, reducing cycle time. The rod changer is supported by a sturdy feed and heavy-duty 8-foot boom that extends to 11 feet for larger pattern coverage with fewer setups. Holes can be drilled within 24 inches of the highwall.
Caterpillar Inc.; www.cat.com/requestCatinfo.
From our partners
MORE FROM Featured Products
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 897 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life491 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers272 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts167 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning154 Views