Cat’s new MD5150 track drill features a customer-inspired design
Caterpillar’s new MD5150 track drill features a customer-inspired design that drills holes up to 6 inches in diameter. The unit incorporates a rock drill, patented carousel rod changer, new cab, and many other features. The carousel rod changer holds six rods and accommodates multiple lengths and diameters of drill steel. Powerful dual-rod grippers and a unique gate design let the rod and gate move simultaneously, reducing cycle time. The rod changer is supported by a sturdy feed and heavy-duty 8-foot boom that extends to 11 feet for larger pattern coverage with fewer setups. Holes can be drilled within 24 inches of the highwall.
Caterpillar Inc.; www.cat.com/requestCatinfo.
From our partners
MORE FROM Featured Products
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Osama bin Laden's family buys famous marble quarry1875 Views
- Four workers survive getting buried alive at sand and gravel plant1144 Views
- 15 quarry trespassers arrested in Pennsylvania469 Views
- VIDEO: Worker dangles from excavator hammer 100 feet up437 Views
- VIDEO: Excavator water skiing the best way to cool off, get hurt in a mudhole326 Views