Cat’s new MD5150 track drill features a customer-inspired design
Caterpillar’s new MD5150 track drill features a customer-inspired design that drills holes up to 6 inches in diameter. The unit incorporates a rock drill, patented carousel rod changer, new cab, and many other features. The carousel rod changer holds six rods and accommodates multiple lengths and diameters of drill steel. Powerful dual-rod grippers and a unique gate design let the rod and gate move simultaneously, reducing cycle time. The rod changer is supported by a sturdy feed and heavy-duty 8-foot boom that extends to 11 feet for larger pattern coverage with fewer setups. Holes can be drilled within 24 inches of the highwall.
Caterpillar Inc.; www.cat.com/requestCatinfo.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Featured Products
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability671 Views
- Vulcan makes several changes to its organizational structure545 Views
- Rocker Bob Seger rips Wisconsin mine plan in new song [Audio]520 Views
- 20-year-old killed at sand and gravel mill400 Views
- Caterpillar leadership sees changes, heads of mining and dealer support announce retirement 261 Views