Cat’s new MD5150 track drill features a customer-inspired design
Caterpillar’s new MD5150 track drill features a customer-inspired design that drills holes up to 6 inches in diameter. The unit incorporates a rock drill, patented carousel rod changer, new cab, and many other features. The carousel rod changer holds six rods and accommodates multiple lengths and diameters of drill steel. Powerful dual-rod grippers and a unique gate design let the rod and gate move simultaneously, reducing cycle time. The rod changer is supported by a sturdy feed and heavy-duty 8-foot boom that extends to 11 feet for larger pattern coverage with fewer setups. Holes can be drilled within 24 inches of the highwall.
Caterpillar Inc.; www.cat.com/requestCatinfo.
MORE FROM Featured Products
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 20151551 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151013 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1007 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production639 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone391 Views