Cat’s Wuxi R&D Center facility LEED Gold certified
The following are highlights of the Wuxi R&D Center facility:
• Sustainable site with public transportation access; reduced heat island effect; lighting pollution control;
• Energy Efficiency & Water Saving: optimized energy performance; enhanced refrigerant management; installed low-flow toilets and rainwater reuse;
• Materials & Resources: construction waste management, divert 50 percent from disposal; use of more than 15 percent recycled materials; more than 50 percent of Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified wood;
• Innovation & Design Process: sustainability education, water-use reduction and high reflectance roof;
• Indoor Environmental Quality: low-emitting materials, paints and coatings, adhesives and sealants; use of non-toxic paints and carpet; 75-percent space with daylighting.
For more information on the LEED green building certification system, go to www.usgbc.org/LEED.
MORE FROM Aggman Newsletter
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan shareholders reject board changes at annual meeting948 Views
- Excavators uncover ancient quarry in Jerusalem917 Views
- Former gravel quarry-turned-landfill transforms into nature reserve468 Views
- Americans consume 3 million pounds of minerals in a lifetime229 Views
- Diesel fuel price report: May 13, 2013185 Views