Cemex CEO Lorenzo H. Zambrano dies at 70
Cemex chairman and CEO Lorenzo H. Zambrano died Monday in Madrid, Spain, the company reports. He was 70 years old.
Zambrano’s death was unexpected, according to a report from Reuters, and no succession plan was in place at the time of his death.
A report from the New York Times notes that the company said “he died of natural causes.”
Despite uncertainty, the shares in the Cemex are not suffering. Shares in the company fell about 3 percent on Tuesday, NYT reports, but recovered by the end of the day.
A statement on the company’s website points to its next steps:
“Cemex’s operation and management will continue as usual. Cemex’s Board of Directors is expected to meet within the following days to make the corresponding decisions.”
Zambrano began working for Cemex in 1968. He became CEO of the company in 1985 and Chairman of the Board in 1995.
Reuters reports that a private funeral was held in northern Mexico on Wednesday.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Osama bin Laden's family buys famous marble quarry1736 Views
- Four workers survive getting buried alive at sand and gravel plant1138 Views
- Federal judge forces MSHA inspection597 Views
- VIDEO: Worker dangles from excavator hammer 100 feet up394 Views
- Wingra not allowed to mine beneath burial mounds365 Views