Cemex CEO Lorenzo H. Zambrano dies at 70
Cemex chairman and CEO Lorenzo H. Zambrano died Monday in Madrid, Spain, the company reports. He was 70 years old.
Zambrano’s death was unexpected, according to a report from Reuters, and no succession plan was in place at the time of his death.
A report from the New York Times notes that the company said “he died of natural causes.”
Despite uncertainty, the shares in the Cemex are not suffering. Shares in the company fell about 3 percent on Tuesday, NYT reports, but recovered by the end of the day.
A statement on the company’s website points to its next steps:
“Cemex’s operation and management will continue as usual. Cemex’s Board of Directors is expected to meet within the following days to make the corresponding decisions.”
Zambrano began working for Cemex in 1968. He became CEO of the company in 1985 and Chairman of the Board in 1995.
Reuters reports that a private funeral was held in northern Mexico on Wednesday.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 902 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life494 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers289 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts167 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning154 Views