Cemex names successors to late CEO Lorenzo H. Zambrano
Cemex has announced that its board of directors has unanimously appointed Fernando A. Gonzalez as CEO and Rogelio Zambrano as chairman, effective immediately.
The positions became available Monday, when then-chairman and CEO Lorenzo H. Zambrano died at 70 years old.
Gonzalez was previously Executive Vice President of Finance (CFO) and Administration, while Rogelio Zambrano previously served as a member of the board of directors.
Gonzalez has been with Cemex since 1989, holding senior management positions in Human Capital, Strategic Planning and Business Development, in addition to his position as CFO. He has also led Cemex businesses in Latin America, Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia.
Rogelio Zambrano joined Cemex’s board of directors in 1987 and became president of the company’s finance committee in 2009.
“I am very optimistic about CEMEX’s future,” Rogelio Zambrano said in a prepared statement. “Lorenzo Zambrano’s legacy will endure and his vision and passion for excellence will continue to inspire us in the years to come.”
In addition to the chairman and CEO appointments, the company also added Ian C. Armstrong to the board of directors, effective immediately. Armstrong’s appointment will still need to be made official at the company’s Annual General Meeting in 2015.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter431 Views
- Quarry Quest is returning to Michels Materials Quarry in Wisconsin for a 17th year (VIDEO)274 Views
- MSHA issues 87 citations at six metal/nonmetal mines during July impact inspections272 Views
- Caterpillar to lay off another 475 employees236 Views
- A miner was seriously injured after a metal walkway gave way202 Views