Cemex names successors to late CEO Lorenzo H. Zambrano
Cemex has announced that its board of directors has unanimously appointed Fernando A. Gonzalez as CEO and Rogelio Zambrano as chairman, effective immediately.
The positions became available Monday, when then-chairman and CEO Lorenzo H. Zambrano died at 70 years old.
Gonzalez was previously Executive Vice President of Finance (CFO) and Administration, while Rogelio Zambrano previously served as a member of the board of directors.
Gonzalez has been with Cemex since 1989, holding senior management positions in Human Capital, Strategic Planning and Business Development, in addition to his position as CFO. He has also led Cemex businesses in Latin America, Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia.
Rogelio Zambrano joined Cemex’s board of directors in 1987 and became president of the company’s finance committee in 2009.
“I am very optimistic about CEMEX’s future,” Rogelio Zambrano said in a prepared statement. “Lorenzo Zambrano’s legacy will endure and his vision and passion for excellence will continue to inspire us in the years to come.”
In addition to the chairman and CEO appointments, the company also added Ian C. Armstrong to the board of directors, effective immediately. Armstrong’s appointment will still need to be made official at the company’s Annual General Meeting in 2015.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- House of Representatives passes bill blocking EPA's new Waters of the U.S. rule398 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines389 Views
- Cat introduces larger sizes of its Tier 4 Final articulated trucks358 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger338 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)311 Views