CEMEX to receive U.S.$100 million in cash proceeds from joint venture asset sale in the U.S.
CEMEX announced today that its 49.9-percented owned Ready Mix USA LLC joint venture has completed the sale of 12 active quarries and other assets to SPO Partners & Co. for U.S.$420 million.
The active quarries, which consist of two granite quarries in Georgia, nine limestone quarries in Tennessee, and one limestone quarry in Virginia, are operated by Ready Mix USA LLC and were deemed non strategic by CEMEX and Ready Mix USA LLC, its joint venture partner.
The proceeds from the sale will be partly used to reduce debt held by Ready Mix USA LLC, and to effect a cash distribution of approximately U.S.$100 million to each joint venture partner, including CEMEX. CEMEX, which does not consolidate the results of Ready Mix USA LLC, expects to use its cash proceeds from this divestment to reduce outstanding debt and to enhance its liquidity position.
This asset divestment marks another milestone in CEMEX’s efforts to regain its financial flexibility. Other such milestones include the completion of the refinancing of U.S.$15 billion of CEMEX’s outstanding debt and the issuance of close to U.S.$2.3 billion in notes, including the U.S.$500 million raised last month. Additionally, CEMEX has raised U.S.$2.2 billion in equity and mandatorily convertible securities and sold its Australian operations to Holcim for U.S.$1.7 billion.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151074 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1031 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production733 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 2015673 Views
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success545 Views