Center for Mining Safety and Health Excellence
The new Center for Mining Safety and Health Excellence, associated with the University of Utah’s Department of Mining Engineering in the College of Mines and Earth Sciences, was created to help the global mining community address a major challenge: how to systematically and permanently improve safety and health management performance. The center brings together extensive industry experience, a global reputation for academic excellence, and a unique approach to problem-solving through education, research, consultation, and advocacy.
The system’s approach is based on the critical need to integrate and optimize engineering and management systems with organizational culture and leadership development. It has proven effective for both safety improvement and operational excellence, but is often misunderstood by those who can benefit the most — mine operators, contractors, and equipment manufacturers.
To learn more about the Center’s resources, services, and philosophy, visit its website at www.safetycenter.utah.edu.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- U.S. Concrete purchases a New Jersey aggregate operation388 Views
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest372 Views
- Thieves derail train in Mexico to steal 70 tons of cement340 Views
- MSHA gives out $8.4 million to 47 states for mine safety and health training334 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company295 Views