Center for Mining Safety and Health Excellence
The new Center for Mining Safety and Health Excellence, associated with the University of Utah’s Department of Mining Engineering in the College of Mines and Earth Sciences, was created to help the global mining community address a major challenge: how to systematically and permanently improve safety and health management performance. The center brings together extensive industry experience, a global reputation for academic excellence, and a unique approach to problem-solving through education, research, consultation, and advocacy.
The system’s approach is based on the critical need to integrate and optimize engineering and management systems with organizational culture and leadership development. It has proven effective for both safety improvement and operational excellence, but is often misunderstood by those who can benefit the most — mine operators, contractors, and equipment manufacturers.
To learn more about the Center’s resources, services, and philosophy, visit its website at www.safetycenter.utah.edu.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas423 Views
- Lafarge NA sells $450 million in assets to Summit Materials259 Views
- A 20-year-old died while swimming in a New York quarry241 Views
- NEAR MISS: Miner severely injured after he was electrocuted216 Views
- A judge has reversed the decision to close a rock quarry in Kentucky199 Views