Center for Mining Safety and Health Excellence
The new Center for Mining Safety and Health Excellence, associated with the University of Utah’s Department of Mining Engineering in the College of Mines and Earth Sciences, was created to help the global mining community address a major challenge: how to systematically and permanently improve safety and health management performance. The center brings together extensive industry experience, a global reputation for academic excellence, and a unique approach to problem-solving through education, research, consultation, and advocacy.
The system’s approach is based on the critical need to integrate and optimize engineering and management systems with organizational culture and leadership development. It has proven effective for both safety improvement and operational excellence, but is often misunderstood by those who can benefit the most — mine operators, contractors, and equipment manufacturers.
To learn more about the Center’s resources, services, and philosophy, visit its website at www.safetycenter.utah.edu.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability547 Views
- The Internet may take over abandoned mines494 Views
- Owner of rock quarry defends himself against park347 Views
- Video: Behind the scenes with Lego Technic's wheel loader R&D291 Views
- 80-thousand pounds of sand and gravel dumped on highway266 Views