Center for Mining Safety and Health Excellence
The new Center for Mining Safety and Health Excellence, associated with the University of Utah’s Department of Mining Engineering in the College of Mines and Earth Sciences, was created to help the global mining community address a major challenge: how to systematically and permanently improve safety and health management performance. The center brings together extensive industry experience, a global reputation for academic excellence, and a unique approach to problem-solving through education, research, consultation, and advocacy.
The system’s approach is based on the critical need to integrate and optimize engineering and management systems with organizational culture and leadership development. It has proven effective for both safety improvement and operational excellence, but is often misunderstood by those who can benefit the most — mine operators, contractors, and equipment manufacturers.
To learn more about the Center’s resources, services, and philosophy, visit its website at www.safetycenter.utah.edu.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Osama bin Laden's family buys famous marble quarry1906 Views
- Four workers survive getting buried alive at sand and gravel plant1155 Views
- Vulcan in bidding war with USC671 Views
- 15 quarry trespassers arrested in Pennsylvania496 Views
- VIDEO: Worker dangles from excavator hammer 100 feet up445 Views