Center for Mining Safety and Health Excellence
The new Center for Mining Safety and Health Excellence, associated with the University of Utah’s Department of Mining Engineering in the College of Mines and Earth Sciences, was created to help the global mining community address a major challenge: how to systematically and permanently improve safety and health management performance. The center brings together extensive industry experience, a global reputation for academic excellence, and a unique approach to problem-solving through education, research, consultation, and advocacy.
The system’s approach is based on the critical need to integrate and optimize engineering and management systems with organizational culture and leadership development. It has proven effective for both safety improvement and operational excellence, but is often misunderstood by those who can benefit the most — mine operators, contractors, and equipment manufacturers.
To learn more about the Center’s resources, services, and philosophy, visit its website at www.safetycenter.utah.edu.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines390 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger376 Views
- Cat introduces larger sizes of its Tier 4 Final articulated trucks359 Views
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person356 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)333 Views