Chicago area procures $100 million in TIGER grants
The five projects funded by the TIGER grant are the following:
•Construction of the Union Pacific Third Mainline-Proviso Yard.
•Installation of a traffic control system at La Grange/Broadview.
•Signalization of Blue Island Yard Running Tracks.
•Construction of a highway-rail grade separation structure at Indiana Harbor Belt Railroad Company and CSX Transportation, Inc. grade crossing at 71st Street.
•Fourteen roadway/sidewalk/curb projects as part of the Viaduct Improvement Program to enhance safety and security for motorists and pedestrians.
Overall, the CREATE program includes more than 46 rail and 25 highway-rail grade separation projects that involve restructuring, modernizing and expanding freight and passenger rail and constructing new highway-rail grade separations in the Chicago metropolitan area.
Mendez added that the program supports President Obama’s National Export Initiative to double the nation’s exports in five years.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan shareholders reject board changes at annual meeting949 Views
- Excavators uncover ancient quarry in Jerusalem917 Views
- Former gravel quarry-turned-landfill transforms into nature reserve468 Views
- Americans consume 3 million pounds of minerals in a lifetime229 Views
- Diesel fuel price report: May 13, 2013185 Views