Cities add most construction jobs since 2008
Construction employment expanded in 56 out of 337 metropolitan areas between August 2009 and August 2010, according to a new analysis of federal employment data released by the Associated General Contractors of America.
More cities added construction jobs during the past year than at any point since September 2008, indicating that the worst of the industry’s job losses may be over, association officials noted.
Kansas City, Kansas, added more construction jobs (2,500 jobs, 13 percent) than any other metro area, while Hanford-Corcoran, California, added the highest percentage (22 percent, 200 jobs).
Even as the employment outlook improves in a growing number of metropolitan areas, construction unemployment remains nearly double the national average, association officials report.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Check out this drone footage of the Atlanta quarry where 'The Walking Dead' was filmed (VIDEO)426 Views
- Rogers Group's Pottsville Quarry reaches for the stars348 Views
- Quarry Quest is returning to Michels Materials Quarry in Wisconsin for a 17th year (VIDEO)290 Views
- Caterpillar to lay off another 475 employees274 Views
- Texas town buys quarry land to eventually shut it down and keep the neighborhood quiet211 Views