Citizens drop opposition
Barnesville, Ga.–After years of opposition and in excess of $70,000 in legal fees, the North Lamar County Concerned Citizens (NLCCC) organization has reached an agreement with Vulcan Materials regarding its quarry here and has dropped its opposition to it.
The NLCCC-Vulcan agreement incorporates tenets of an agreement originally reached with Lamar County and adds additional protections for Little Buck Creek and adjacent landowners. It also provides private citizens avenues of redress in case of damages.
Source: The Herald-Gazette
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability650 Views
- Vulcan makes several changes to its organizational structure495 Views
- Owner of rock quarry defends himself against park357 Views
- Video: Behind the scenes with Lego Technic's wheel loader R&D288 Views
- Caterpillar leadership sees changes, heads of mining and dealer support announce retirement 273 Views