Citizens drop opposition
Barnesville, Ga.–After years of opposition and in excess of $70,000 in legal fees, the North Lamar County Concerned Citizens (NLCCC) organization has reached an agreement with Vulcan Materials regarding its quarry here and has dropped its opposition to it.
The NLCCC-Vulcan agreement incorporates tenets of an agreement originally reached with Lamar County and adds additional protections for Little Buck Creek and adjacent landowners. It also provides private citizens avenues of redress in case of damages.
Source: The Herald-Gazette
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)1633 Views
- Hamm, Inc. receives reclamation award352 Views
- Quarry worker safety is a big deal in the U.S., but not everywhere in the world216 Views
- Opportunities for worker recruitment and retention187 Views
- Caterpillar “Built For It” Trials video: Cat generator powers Lantern Festival in China’s Yuhu Village138 Views