Citizens drop opposition
Barnesville, Ga.–After years of opposition and in excess of $70,000 in legal fees, the North Lamar County Concerned Citizens (NLCCC) organization has reached an agreement with Vulcan Materials regarding its quarry here and has dropped its opposition to it.
The NLCCC-Vulcan agreement incorporates tenets of an agreement originally reached with Lamar County and adds additional protections for Little Buck Creek and adjacent landowners. It also provides private citizens avenues of redress in case of damages.
Source: The Herald-Gazette
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program600 Views
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana415 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas399 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents295 Views
- Lafarge NA sells $450 million in assets to Summit Materials242 Views