Citizens drop opposition
Barnesville, Ga.–After years of opposition and in excess of $70,000 in legal fees, the North Lamar County Concerned Citizens (NLCCC) organization has reached an agreement with Vulcan Materials regarding its quarry here and has dropped its opposition to it.
The NLCCC-Vulcan agreement incorporates tenets of an agreement originally reached with Lamar County and adds additional protections for Little Buck Creek and adjacent landowners. It also provides private citizens avenues of redress in case of damages.
Source: The Herald-Gazette
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Giant-sized Jenga402 Views
- Mining industry expected to lose 53% of skilled workers by 2029337 Views
- Martin Marietta Materials elects President and CEO Ward Nye as chairman of the Board230 Views
- Metal/nonmetal mining deaths rise by 27% in 2013201 Views
- Boston’s only quarry could start accepting contaminated construction fill152 Views