Citizens drop opposition
Barnesville, Ga.–After years of opposition and in excess of $70,000 in legal fees, the North Lamar County Concerned Citizens (NLCCC) organization has reached an agreement with Vulcan Materials regarding its quarry here and has dropped its opposition to it.
The NLCCC-Vulcan agreement incorporates tenets of an agreement originally reached with Lamar County and adds additional protections for Little Buck Creek and adjacent landowners. It also provides private citizens avenues of redress in case of damages.
Source: The Herald-Gazette
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Check out this drone footage of the Atlanta quarry where 'The Walking Dead' was filmed (VIDEO)384 Views
- Rogers Group's Pottsville Quarry reaches for the stars335 Views
- Quarry Quest is returning to Michels Materials Quarry in Wisconsin for a 17th year (VIDEO)289 Views
- Caterpillar to lay off another 475 employees271 Views
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter204 Views