City Council approves 650 homes near quarry in California
The Carlsbad City Council has decided to allow McMillin Companies to build all 650 homes near a reclaimed gravel quarry, KPBS reported.
The city council reached a compromise, allowing McMillin to build the homes on the condition that it added a small patch of land near the historic Marron Adobe, the oldest house in Carlsbad.
About two thirds of the site is used for the quarry.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry743 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets520 Views
- Caterpillar full-year earnings dip with bad 4Q; 2015 doesn't look good either273 Views
- MSHA files more discrimination complaints in 2014 than any other year223 Views
- More sand coming to Carlsbad beaches192 Views