City Council approves 650 homes near quarry in California
The Carlsbad City Council has decided to allow McMillin Companies to build all 650 homes near a reclaimed gravel quarry, KPBS reported.
The city council reached a compromise, allowing McMillin to build the homes on the condition that it added a small patch of land near the historic Marron Adobe, the oldest house in Carlsbad.
About two thirds of the site is used for the quarry.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Check out the fun of Fertile Days at Fertile Quarry3103 Views
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Take a virtual tour of Unimin's underground operation in Guion, Ark.2287 Views
- When gravel doesn't bond with resurfacing substance...500 Views
- Sneak peek: Inside Unimin's safety strategies314 Views
- How to become a more productive worker306 Views