City Council approves 650 homes near quarry in California
The Carlsbad City Council has decided to allow McMillin Companies to build all 650 homes near a reclaimed gravel quarry, KPBS reported.
The city council reached a compromise, allowing McMillin to build the homes on the condition that it added a small patch of land near the historic Marron Adobe, the oldest house in Carlsbad.
About two thirds of the site is used for the quarry.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 850 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life409 Views
- Martin Marietta gives thousands to charity during the holidays188 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts164 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning150 Views