City council in California delays decision on proposed home development near a gravel quarry
The Carlsbad City Council postponed its decision on a proposed 656-home Quarry Creek project on Tuesday after hearing more than 50 speakers, The San Diego Union-Tribune reported.
The project would be along state Route 78 between College Boulevard and El Camino Real in Carlsbad, California, near a reclaimed gravel quarry along the Buena Vista Creek.
Most of the speakers were area residents requesting less development in the area. Many said 656 homes are too many for the 156-acre site, about two-thirds of which is used for the quarry.
Approximately 12 people supported the proposal.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Famous quarry for sale663 Views
- Update: MnDOT makes decision in mine expansion243 Views
- Don't drink and drive...that includes your wheel loader!214 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: A look at who’s in and who’s out in next Congress153 Views
- Atlas Copco addresses future, sustainability and growth at NASCAR Hall of Fame134 Views