City Council moves forward with St. Cloud quarry expansion
The St. Cloud, Minnesota, City Council has unanimously voted to continue with a planned expansion of Cold Spring Granite Quarry, WJON News reported.
The quarry is located near an elementary school and is surrounded by residences.
Once Cold Spring Granite presented the city council with an Environmental Assessment Worksheet, the council moved to approve the company’s request to move into its second phase of expansion. The assessment will examine the potential environmental impacts and the purpose of expansion.
Cold Spring Granite will hold public hearings for feedback on the proposal; the city will announce meeting dates this month or early next month.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Maryland man dies after becoming trapped in crushing machinery in asphalt plant485 Views
- MSHA issues citations to seven metal/non-metal mines during impact inspections in March370 Views
- MSHA details mining deaths during quarterly training call262 Views
- Three people injured, two seriously, at underground quarry in Pennsylvania257 Views
- MSHA invites all mine health and safety trainers to join its training call on April 29245 Views