City Council moves forward with St. Cloud quarry expansion
The St. Cloud, Minnesota, City Council has unanimously voted to continue with a planned expansion of Cold Spring Granite Quarry, WJON News reported.
The quarry is located near an elementary school and is surrounded by residences.
Once Cold Spring Granite presented the city council with an Environmental Assessment Worksheet, the council moved to approve the company’s request to move into its second phase of expansion. The assessment will examine the potential environmental impacts and the purpose of expansion.
Cold Spring Granite will hold public hearings for feedback on the proposal; the city will announce meeting dates this month or early next month.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana1161 Views
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program590 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas369 Views
- Senate DRIVE Act is a six-year transportation bill with three-year Highway Trust Fund financing guarantee289 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents284 Views