City Council moves forward with St. Cloud quarry expansion
The St. Cloud, Minnesota, City Council has unanimously voted to continue with a planned expansion of Cold Spring Granite Quarry, WJON News reported.
The quarry is located near an elementary school and is surrounded by residences.
Once Cold Spring Granite presented the city council with an Environmental Assessment Worksheet, the council moved to approve the company’s request to move into its second phase of expansion. The assessment will examine the potential environmental impacts and the purpose of expansion.
Cold Spring Granite will hold public hearings for feedback on the proposal; the city will announce meeting dates this month or early next month.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger452 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources441 Views
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities373 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register368 Views
- Atlanta turning quarry into one of America's largest reservoirs359 Views