City Council moves forward with St. Cloud quarry expansion
The St. Cloud, Minnesota, City Council has unanimously voted to continue with a planned expansion of Cold Spring Granite Quarry, WJON News reported.
The quarry is located near an elementary school and is surrounded by residences.
Once Cold Spring Granite presented the city council with an Environmental Assessment Worksheet, the council moved to approve the company’s request to move into its second phase of expansion. The assessment will examine the potential environmental impacts and the purpose of expansion.
Cold Spring Granite will hold public hearings for feedback on the proposal; the city will announce meeting dates this month or early next month.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand saves a construction worker's life501 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers338 Views
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 297 Views
- Mine pollution hurting fish habitats across America223 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts163 Views