City Council moves forward with St. Cloud quarry expansion
The St. Cloud, Minnesota, City Council has unanimously voted to continue with a planned expansion of Cold Spring Granite Quarry, WJON News reported.
The quarry is located near an elementary school and is surrounded by residences.
Once Cold Spring Granite presented the city council with an Environmental Assessment Worksheet, the council moved to approve the company’s request to move into its second phase of expansion. The assessment will examine the potential environmental impacts and the purpose of expansion.
Cold Spring Granite will hold public hearings for feedback on the proposal; the city will announce meeting dates this month or early next month.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability674 Views
- Vulcan makes several changes to its organizational structure541 Views
- Owner of rock quarry defends himself against park350 Views
- Caterpillar leadership sees changes, heads of mining and dealer support announce retirement 273 Views
- Officials wrongly closed frac sand mine238 Views