Sneak Peek at July 2011 issue: Clean Water Cooperative Federalism Act of 2011 introduced to House
Transportation and Infrastructure Committee Chairman John L. Mica (R-Fla.) and the Committee’s Ranking Member Nick Rahall (D-W.Va.) introduced H.R. 2018, the “Clean Water Cooperative Federalism Act of 2011,” to the House.
Water Resources and Environment Subcommittee Chairman Bob Gibbs (R-Ohio) and U.S. Rep. Shelly Moore Capito (R-W.Va.) were among the bill’s original cosponsors of the proposed legislation.
The bill amends the Clean Water Act (CWA), which would allocate the primary responsibilities for water pollution control to the states.
The bill restricts EPA’s ability to second-guess or delay a state’s permitting and water quality certification decisions under the CWA once EPA has already approved a state’s program, according to a written press statement from Mica’s office.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry622 Views
- A Game of Stones: Quarry set location of 'The Wall' in HBO show could become a permanent attraction500 Views
- A miner was seriously injured after a metal walkway gave way393 Views
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter385 Views
- Summit Materials acquires Utah construction materials company385 Views