Coldspring agrees to extension of conditional use permit review period
Coldspring has agreed to an extension of the review period for a conditional use permit for the proposed expansion of its St. Cloud, Missouri, quarry, according to a report from SCTimes.com.
The extension brings the review period through December 31, allowing the Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA) more time to address concerns and questions.
Coldspring wants to open a 30-acre granite quarry and processing area on its 210-acre site. The company plans to excavate 300 to 350 feet in seven phases over 25 to 30 years at the new quarry.
The board intended to discuss the request this month, but the extension is pushing the discussion to the ZBA’s October 15 meeting.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Giant-sized Jenga386 Views
- Mining industry expected to lose 53% of skilled workers by 2029326 Views
- Metal/nonmetal mining deaths rise by 27% in 2013196 Views
- Boston’s only quarry could start accepting contaminated construction fill151 Views
- Martin Marietta Materials elects President and CEO Ward Nye as chairman of the Board132 Views