Color for a cause
Volvo Rents has recently launched its “Color for a Cause” initiative to increase brand awareness and support various charities. The campaign allows franchise owners to choose a cause that they care about, as well as the equipment they would like to paint. A portion of the sales generated from that particular piece of equipment is then donated to the supported charity.
Taking his cue from the American Flag, franchise owner Paul Bullock (West Monroe, LA) has painted an Aerial Lift red, white and blue. Each time the Stars and Stripes Boom is rented, 50 percent of the revenues will be donated to Operation Gratitude and to the NE and NW Louisiana War Veterans Home to help support our troops — active and retired.
“It was the right thing to do — the smart thing to do,” Bullock said. “It’s absolutely working out well, but our goal was not to increase revenue, our goal was to support the troops and the veterans. It does bring us recognition for doing a good thing, but it was just a way to get our customers involved. When they rent the boom they’re supporting the troops, too.”
Other participating locations:
Rochester, N.Y. — pink boom for breast cancer research;
Springfield, Mo. — pink boom for breast cancer research;
Ferndale, Wash.: — pink boom for breast cancer research; and
Atlanta, Ga. — pink excavator for breast cancer research;
Little Rock, Ark. — boom to support the Arkansas food bank;
Charlotte, N.C. — excavator for March of Dimes; and
Mobile, Ala. — excavator and boom for Autism.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Caterpillar closes headquarters of global mining division, moves jobs to different facility888 Views
- Metal and nonmetal mines get a total of 61 citations during August MSHA inspections453 Views
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest390 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company377 Views
- Frac sand 101: What does it take to enter the high-value frac sand market and what does it mean for aggregate producers?310 Views