Concrete and aggregates committee celebrates century mark
ASTM International committee C09 on Concrete and Concrete Aggregates celebrated 100 years of research on June 23 in Toronto, Canada.
Since the committee was formed in 1914 they have led the way in developing concrete standards and practices that many companies use today. The committee has had a huge impact in the global construction, industrial, transportation, defense, utility and residential fields. C09 is credited as one of the biggest contributors to the success of the industry.
With the help of C09, concrete has become the most used man-made product in the construction world. Thanks to the committee concrete continues to evolve. The quality and durability of concrete today is way better than it was years ago.
The celebration included a reception and dinner with several speakers, including past and current chairmen of C09.
“During my 20 years as a member of Committee C09, there has been an ongoing evolution in concrete technology,” says Steve Parker, North American sales and marketing manager, CHRYSO Inc. “I believe that maintaining the pace with these advancements and delivering standards that are directly relevant to industry needs has been and continues to be our top priority as a committee.”
C09 continues to lead developments in several areas including ready-mixed concrete, self-consolidating concrete, chemical admixtures, supplementary cementitious materials and pervious concrete.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- House of Representatives passes bill blocking EPA's new Waters of the U.S. rule399 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines389 Views
- Cat introduces larger sizes of its Tier 4 Final articulated trucks361 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger350 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)315 Views