Concrete and aggregates committee celebrates century mark
ASTM International committee C09 on Concrete and Concrete Aggregates celebrated 100 years of research on June 23 in Toronto, Canada.
Since the committee was formed in 1914 they have led the way in developing concrete standards and practices that many companies use today. The committee has had a huge impact in the global construction, industrial, transportation, defense, utility and residential fields. C09 is credited as one of the biggest contributors to the success of the industry.
With the help of C09, concrete has become the most used man-made product in the construction world. Thanks to the committee concrete continues to evolve. The quality and durability of concrete today is way better than it was years ago.
The celebration included a reception and dinner with several speakers, including past and current chairmen of C09.
“During my 20 years as a member of Committee C09, there has been an ongoing evolution in concrete technology,” says Steve Parker, North American sales and marketing manager, CHRYSO Inc. “I believe that maintaining the pace with these advancements and delivering standards that are directly relevant to industry needs has been and continues to be our top priority as a committee.”
C09 continues to lead developments in several areas including ready-mixed concrete, self-consolidating concrete, chemical admixtures, supplementary cementitious materials and pervious concrete.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers294 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger142 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park142 Views