Concrete and aggregates committee celebrates century mark
ASTM International committee C09 on Concrete and Concrete Aggregates celebrated 100 years of research on June 23 in Toronto, Canada.
Since the committee was formed in 1914 they have led the way in developing concrete standards and practices that many companies use today. The committee has had a huge impact in the global construction, industrial, transportation, defense, utility and residential fields. C09 is credited as one of the biggest contributors to the success of the industry.
With the help of C09, concrete has become the most used man-made product in the construction world. Thanks to the committee concrete continues to evolve. The quality and durability of concrete today is way better than it was years ago.
The celebration included a reception and dinner with several speakers, including past and current chairmen of C09.
“During my 20 years as a member of Committee C09, there has been an ongoing evolution in concrete technology,” says Steve Parker, North American sales and marketing manager, CHRYSO Inc. “I believe that maintaining the pace with these advancements and delivering standards that are directly relevant to industry needs has been and continues to be our top priority as a committee.”
C09 continues to lead developments in several areas including ready-mixed concrete, self-consolidating concrete, chemical admixtures, supplementary cementitious materials and pervious concrete.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs599 Views
- Caterpillar lays off hundreds more, announces plant closing in North Carolina365 Views
- Cat 6015B hydraulic shovel offers increased power, more loading capacity349 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law216 Views
- Drill rig operator freed after machine nearly rolls off cliff in Australia quarry (VIDEO)183 Views