ConExpo-Con/Agg Crusher Options
As aggregates producers prepare to attend ConExpo-Con/Agg March 4-8 in Las Vegas, Aggregates Manager surveyed the market to get a better idea of operator plans for equipment investment. A total of 84 respondents shared insights into their plans.
One focus area of increased spending is crushing. A total of 17.9 percent of respondents say they plan to spend more on crushers during 2014. And no wonder, they are getting a bit long in the tooth. Nearly half of respondents, 47.6 percent, say their primary crusher has more than 7,500 hours on it. Secondary crushers fare only slightly better with 41.7 percent having more than 7,500 hours of service.
Nearly one in five (19.0 percent) of respondents say they intend to purchase a new crusher in 2014, while an additional 3.6 percent intend to buy a used unit.
To help facilitate these investments, here is a guide to manufacturers who will showcase stationary units at ConExpo-Con/Agg. Watch for mobile crushers in a roundup of portable plants closer to the show.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Famous quarry for sale663 Views
- Update: MnDOT makes decision in mine expansion243 Views
- Don't drink and drive...that includes your wheel loader!214 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: A look at who’s in and who’s out in next Congress153 Views
- Atlas Copco addresses future, sustainability and growth at NASCAR Hall of Fame134 Views