ConExpo-Con/Agg Crusher Options
As aggregates producers prepare to attend ConExpo-Con/Agg March 4-8 in Las Vegas, Aggregates Manager surveyed the market to get a better idea of operator plans for equipment investment. A total of 84 respondents shared insights into their plans.
One focus area of increased spending is crushing. A total of 17.9 percent of respondents say they plan to spend more on crushers during 2014. And no wonder, they are getting a bit long in the tooth. Nearly half of respondents, 47.6 percent, say their primary crusher has more than 7,500 hours on it. Secondary crushers fare only slightly better with 41.7 percent having more than 7,500 hours of service.
Nearly one in five (19.0 percent) of respondents say they intend to purchase a new crusher in 2014, while an additional 3.6 percent intend to buy a used unit.
To help facilitate these investments, here is a guide to manufacturers who will showcase stationary units at ConExpo-Con/Agg. Watch for mobile crushers in a roundup of portable plants closer to the show.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA Fatality Review Committee determines several fatalities are chargeable to the mining industry344 Views
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers269 Views
- Kingsteps Quarry in Scotland will be examined for the remains of World War II planes222 Views
- Holcim and Lafarge nominate candidates for merged company’s board of directors199 Views
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar: Modern Earthmoving Marvels traces equipment evolution166 Views