ConExpo-Con/Agg Crusher Options
As aggregates producers prepare to attend ConExpo-Con/Agg March 4-8 in Las Vegas, Aggregates Manager surveyed the market to get a better idea of operator plans for equipment investment. A total of 84 respondents shared insights into their plans.
One focus area of increased spending is crushing. A total of 17.9 percent of respondents say they plan to spend more on crushers during 2014. And no wonder, they are getting a bit long in the tooth. Nearly half of respondents, 47.6 percent, say their primary crusher has more than 7,500 hours on it. Secondary crushers fare only slightly better with 41.7 percent having more than 7,500 hours of service.
Nearly one in five (19.0 percent) of respondents say they intend to purchase a new crusher in 2014, while an additional 3.6 percent intend to buy a used unit.
To help facilitate these investments, here is a guide to manufacturers who will showcase stationary units at ConExpo-Con/Agg. Watch for mobile crushers in a roundup of portable plants closer to the show.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 20151551 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151013 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1007 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production684 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone391 Views