ConExpo-Con/Agg Crusher Options
As aggregates producers prepare to attend ConExpo-Con/Agg March 4-8 in Las Vegas, Aggregates Manager surveyed the market to get a better idea of operator plans for equipment investment. A total of 84 respondents shared insights into their plans.
One focus area of increased spending is crushing. A total of 17.9 percent of respondents say they plan to spend more on crushers during 2014. And no wonder, they are getting a bit long in the tooth. Nearly half of respondents, 47.6 percent, say their primary crusher has more than 7,500 hours on it. Secondary crushers fare only slightly better with 41.7 percent having more than 7,500 hours of service.
Nearly one in five (19.0 percent) of respondents say they intend to purchase a new crusher in 2014, while an additional 3.6 percent intend to buy a used unit.
To help facilitate these investments, here is a guide to manufacturers who will showcase stationary units at ConExpo-Con/Agg. Watch for mobile crushers in a roundup of portable plants closer to the show.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Caterpillar closes headquarters of global mining division, moves jobs to different facility1053 Views
- Metal and nonmetal mines get a total of 61 citations during August MSHA inspections492 Views
- Aggregate Industries worker discovers dead body in quarry332 Views
- EPA's WOTUS rule has been put on hold across America269 Views
- Land trust group buys 105-acre quarry from Washington Aggregate company252 Views