ConExpo-Con/Agg March 5 Highlights
Here are Aggregates Manager’s picks for today’s industry educational sessions.
Prices for the educational sessions include several options, including the following:
All Session Pass – $395 (includes any session from Tuesday through Friday, except any specially priced programming)
Session Day Pass – $195 (includes any sessions on selected day)
Single Session – $65
Wednesday, March 5
W41: Horses for Courses – Sand Washing Equipment Selection Old vs New
by Paul Ilott, McLanahan Corp.
In the last 10 years there has been a trend in sand washing to move away from the classic tank-and-screw sand circuit toward cyclones and dewatering screens. However, there are times when the classic equipment is still the best choice, and times when a mix of classic and newer process routes will be the optimal processing route. Gain a unique insight into the strengths of each from one of the only manufacturers of both the classic and newer ranges of equipment, McLanahan.
1. Determine the range of sand washing process routes available.
2. Discover the strengths and weaknesses of the different sand washing process routes.
3. Choose the equipment that will provide the optimal sand washing process route for your application.
W49: Effectively Countering Community Opposition to Your Project
by Christopher Hopkins, The Saint Consulting Group,Thomas Powell, Cemex USA; and Mark Harrison, Harrison, Tembladore, Hungerford & Johnson LLP
This interactive panel discussion will present case studies of the political hurdles involved in permitting a quarry or cement or ready-mix plant. Individuals including a land use attorney and a producer who has faced this type of opposition — and countered it with a strategic plan — will share their real-life examples. Attendees will also learn the most effective information that should be included in an extensive political due diligence prior to making your application public.
1. Identify potential opposition within a community.
2. Create a land use application that will limit the risk of appeals.
3. Develop a strategy for working with the community in order to have them support your operation through the permitting process and beyond.
W56: Working “In Tune” with a VSI Crusher
by Neil Hise, Cemco Inc. (see more on VSI crushing by clicking here.)
Learn from 44 years of experience with operation and service of VSI crushers about the history of crushing. Review different types of impact crushers (such as HSI crushers) and the relationship of product/output with associated horsepower need. See a video of internal VSI crushing and hear an in-depth discussion of the dynamics and configurations of a VSI. Four types of VSI crushing will be discussed, using actual processing photos, videos and computer animation with information on how the real physics of VSI crushing is used. Specific material and obtaining best reduction ratios will be analyzed and automation will be discussed.
1. Learn how to set the VSI RPM properly for your material.
2. Measure the HP consumed to discern whether or not the HP is correct for your application.
3. Determine if the internal configuration of the VSI is correct for your application.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person1001 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger396 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)345 Views
- Vulcan Materials conducts blast for the 'Mayan steps' restoration294 Views
- Lafarge, Holcim announce job cuts ahead of merger242 Views