ConExpo-Con/Agg Mobile Equipment Options
As aggregates producers prepare to attend ConExpo-Con/Agg March 4-8 in Las Vegas, Aggregates Manager surveyed the market to get a better idea of operator plans for equipment investment. A total of 84 respondents shared insights into their plans.
Mobile equipment ranks highly on the wishlists of many producers.
A total of 28.6 percent of survey respondents say they plan to spend more on wheel loaders during 2014, making it the most coveted piece of equipment in capital expenditure plans of respondents. More than one in four respondents (26.2 percent) say they plan to buy new loaders in 2014, while an additional 10.7 say they will buy used units. Loaders were also the most likely equipment type to be rented or leased in 2014, with 8.3 percent of operators looking for short-term acquisitions of wheel loaders.
Haul trucks also ranked highly, with 19.0 percent of operators who say they will invest in that category. A total of 15.5 percent of respondents plan to buy new haul trucks this year. Just under one in 10 (9.5 percent) plan to purchase a used haul truck in 2014, while 6.0 percent say they will rent or lease haul trucks.
When it comes to excavators, 11.9 percent of respondents say they plan to boost capital outlays this year. Just over 13 percent say they are looking for new units and an additional 9.5 percent are on the lookout for used excavators. A total of 4.8 percent of respondents plan to rent or lease excavators in 2014.
To help facilitate these investments, we’ve compiled a roundup of mobile equipment on display at ConExpo-Con/Agg.
Click through the slideshow to see what each manufacturer will have on display.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA Fatality Review Committee determines several fatalities are chargeable to the mining industry345 Views
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers269 Views
- Kingsteps Quarry in Scotland will be examined for the remains of World War II planes214 Views
- Holcim and Lafarge nominate candidates for merged company’s board of directors199 Views
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar: Modern Earthmoving Marvels traces equipment evolution166 Views