Construction employment remains at 5.798 million in August
The information comes from preliminary Bureau of Labor Statistics (BTS) data, which show that construction employment has grown by 3 percent in the past year.
The unemployment rate also remained unchanged at 9.1 percent.
The U.S. saw a gain of 169,000 jobs in all industries in August, while the total unemployment rate fell to 7.3 percent.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)347 Views
- Quarry worker safety is a big deal in the U.S., but not everywhere in the world296 Views
- Opportunities for worker recruitment and retention197 Views
- Historical aggregate landmark disappears into Lake Superior162 Views
- Caterpillar “Built For It” Trials video: Cat generator powers Lantern Festival in China’s Yuhu Village147 Views