Construction employment remains at 5.798 million in August
The information comes from preliminary Bureau of Labor Statistics (BTS) data, which show that construction employment has grown by 3 percent in the past year.
The unemployment rate also remained unchanged at 9.1 percent.
The U.S. saw a gain of 169,000 jobs in all industries in August, while the total unemployment rate fell to 7.3 percent.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 20151551 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151035 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1007 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production684 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone391 Views