Construction employment remains at 5.798 million in August
The information comes from preliminary Bureau of Labor Statistics (BTS) data, which show that construction employment has grown by 3 percent in the past year.
The unemployment rate also remained unchanged at 9.1 percent.
The U.S. saw a gain of 169,000 jobs in all industries in August, while the total unemployment rate fell to 7.3 percent.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program608 Views
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana424 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas398 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents294 Views
- Lafarge NA sells $450 million in assets to Summit Materials237 Views