Construction employment remains at 5.798 million in August
The information comes from preliminary Bureau of Labor Statistics (BTS) data, which show that construction employment has grown by 3 percent in the past year.
The unemployment rate also remained unchanged at 9.1 percent.
The U.S. saw a gain of 169,000 jobs in all industries in August, while the total unemployment rate fell to 7.3 percent.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Caterpillar closes headquarters of global mining division, moves jobs to different facility725 Views
- Metal and nonmetal mines get a total of 61 citations during August MSHA inspections469 Views
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest390 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company372 Views
- Frac sand 101: What does it take to enter the high-value frac sand market and what does it mean for aggregate producers?326 Views