Construction equipment and truck sales rising
Sales of construction equipment by the world’s 50 largest manufacturers grew 25 percent last year to $182 billion, according to the annual Yellow Table survey by KHL Group.
This was a record for the industry, surpassing the previous high of $168 billion, set in 2008, and prior to the global financial crisis. Suppliers in the commercial truck and truck equipment sectors have seen the results of an improving marketplace and expect sales growth of 20 percent to 25 percent this year, an industry expert said.
The value of all work truck-related shipments, such as trucks and truck chassis, specialty vehicles, trailers, and other equipment, could rise to $125 billion this year, up from $93.5 billion in 2011, Stephen Latin-Kasper a noted market analyst with the National Truck Equipment Association (NTEA) said.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry612 Views
- A Game of Stones: Quarry set location of 'The Wall' in HBO show could become a permanent attraction516 Views
- A miner was seriously injured after a metal walkway gave way396 Views
- Summit Materials acquires Utah construction materials company384 Views
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter372 Views