Construction equipment and truck sales rising
Sales of construction equipment by the world’s 50 largest manufacturers grew 25 percent last year to $182 billion, according to the annual Yellow Table survey by KHL Group.
This was a record for the industry, surpassing the previous high of $168 billion, set in 2008, and prior to the global financial crisis. Suppliers in the commercial truck and truck equipment sectors have seen the results of an improving marketplace and expect sales growth of 20 percent to 25 percent this year, an industry expert said.
The value of all work truck-related shipments, such as trucks and truck chassis, specialty vehicles, trailers, and other equipment, could rise to $125 billion this year, up from $93.5 billion in 2011, Stephen Latin-Kasper a noted market analyst with the National Truck Equipment Association (NTEA) said.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Rock & Run 2014 was full of fun for everyone628 Views
- Mine expansion leaving MnDOT up a creek without a paddle422 Views
- OSHA cites Nebraska sand and gravel company345 Views
- How to stay safe while working with a small or short-handed crew160 Views
- The Underground World Wide Web: A new use for abandoned mines155 Views