Construction industry adds 11,000 jobs in October
The U.S. construction industry gained 11,000 jobs in October, according to a report from our sister site, Equipment World.
The figures come from data released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, which show that, despite predictions that the 16-day government shutdown that occurred last month would result in fewer jobs, the industry added just more than half of September’s 18,000-job gain.
The industry currently employs 5.834 million Americans, which is 3 percent higher than a year ago and is the highest number employed since August 2009, when 5.851 million were employed..
Unemployment in construction rose from 8.5 percent in September to 9.0 percent in October.
The U.S. saw a gain of 204,000 jobs in all industries in October.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Check out the fun of Fertile Days at Fertile Quarry3186 Views
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Take a virtual tour of Unimin's underground operation in Guion, Ark.1917 Views
- Sneak peek: Inside Unimin's safety strategies304 Views
- Elderly woman destroys newly poured concrete302 Views
- How to become a more productive worker287 Views