Construction industry loses 16k jobs in December
The U.S. construction industry lost 16,000 jobs in December, according to data released Friday by the Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
The loss pushed the industry from 5.849 million jobs in November (revised from 5.851 million) to 5.833 million jobs in December.
Total construction employment in December is 2 percent higher than in December 2012.
Unemployment in construction jumped from 8.6 percent in November to 11.4 percent in December.
The U.S. as a whole saw a gain of just 74,000 jobs in all industries in December, while the total unemployment rate dropped from 7.0 percent in November to 6.7 percent in December.
For more information about U.S. employment in December, view the full report here.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Unexpected sand and gravel causes rollover accident347 Views
- Don't drink and drive...that includes your wheel loader!214 Views
- Buffalo Crushed Stone cited for pollution185 Views
- Eliminate the fat and increase profits through lean processing185 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: A look at who’s in and who’s out in next Congress156 Views