Construction industry loses 6,000 jobs in July
The U.S. construction industry lost 6,000 jobs in July, according to a report from our sister site, Equipment World.
The figures come from preliminary data released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, which show that the industry employs 5.793 million Americans.
Despite job losses, the construction industry experienced the lowest unemployment rate since 2008.
Unemployment in construction dipped from 9.8 percent in June to 9.1 percent in July–the lowest unemployment rate the industry has experienced since August 2008, when the rate was 8.2 percent.
The U.S. saw a gain of 162,000 jobs in all industries in July, while the total unemployment rate fell to 7.4 percent.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Check out the fun of Fertile Days at Fertile Quarry3103 Views
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Take a virtual tour of Unimin's underground operation in Guion, Ark.2287 Views
- When gravel doesn't bond with resurfacing substance...501 Views
- Sneak peek: Inside Unimin's safety strategies314 Views
- How to become a more productive worker306 Views