Construction reports suspended due to government shutdown
The monthly construction reports you normally see on Aggregates Manager — like construction spending, construction employment, freight shipments and housing starts — are likely suspended due to the federal government shutdown that began early Tuesday morning.
The shutdown, which has furloughed 18,481 employees in the U.S. Department of Transportation alone, has resulted in the suspension of most federal government operations that are not considered safety-related or necessary.
Reuters reported Tuesday that the construction spending report for this month has been cancelled.
A Commerce Department spokeswoman told Reuters on Monday that the report would not be released if the government shut down.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry631 Views
- A Game of Stones: Quarry set location of 'The Wall' in HBO show could become a permanent attraction514 Views
- A miner was seriously injured after a metal walkway gave way393 Views
- Summit Materials acquires Utah construction materials company390 Views
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter380 Views