Construction reports suspended due to government shutdown
The monthly construction reports you normally see on Aggregates Manager — like construction spending, construction employment, freight shipments and housing starts — are likely suspended due to the federal government shutdown that began early Tuesday morning.
The shutdown, which has furloughed 18,481 employees in the U.S. Department of Transportation alone, has resulted in the suspension of most federal government operations that are not considered safety-related or necessary.
Reuters reported Tuesday that the construction spending report for this month has been cancelled.
A Commerce Department spokeswoman told Reuters on Monday that the report would not be released if the government shut down.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Rock & Run 2014 was full of fun for everyone621 Views
- Mine expansion leaving MnDOT up a creek without a paddle422 Views
- How to stay safe while working with a small or short-handed crew169 Views
- The Underground World Wide Web: A new use for abandoned mines155 Views
- Majority of construction firms can't find skilled workers128 Views