Construction reports suspended due to government shutdown
The monthly construction reports you normally see on Aggregates Manager — like construction spending, construction employment, freight shipments and housing starts — are likely suspended due to the federal government shutdown that began early Tuesday morning.
The shutdown, which has furloughed 18,481 employees in the U.S. Department of Transportation alone, has resulted in the suspension of most federal government operations that are not considered safety-related or necessary.
Reuters reported Tuesday that the construction spending report for this month has been cancelled.
A Commerce Department spokeswoman told Reuters on Monday that the report would not be released if the government shut down.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mike Rowe talks about the dirty topic of educating future workers428 Views
- McLanahan Rolls Out Four Key Products226 Views
- Rod Martin receives AggMan of the Year 2013 Award198 Views
- MSHA Assistant Secretary of Labor Main updates NSSGA on recent agency actions194 Views
- NSSGA debuts its new strategic plan172 Views