Construction reports suspended due to government shutdown
The monthly construction reports you normally see on Aggregates Manager — like construction spending, construction employment, freight shipments and housing starts — are likely suspended due to the federal government shutdown that began early Tuesday morning.
The shutdown, which has furloughed 18,481 employees in the U.S. Department of Transportation alone, has resulted in the suspension of most federal government operations that are not considered safety-related or necessary.
Reuters reported Tuesday that the construction spending report for this month has been cancelled.
A Commerce Department spokeswoman told Reuters on Monday that the report would not be released if the government shut down.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA Alert: Electrical Safety388 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Caterpillar’s 988K wheel loader201 Views
- U.S. aggregates production rises in Q3 2013194 Views
- Komatsu's WA1200-6 wheel loader offers more horsepower, lower costs193 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Dust Control Technology’s DustBoss DB-100122 Views