Construction reports suspended due to government shutdown
The monthly construction reports you normally see on Aggregates Manager — like construction spending, construction employment, freight shipments and housing starts — are likely suspended due to the federal government shutdown that began early Tuesday morning.
The shutdown, which has furloughed 18,481 employees in the U.S. Department of Transportation alone, has resulted in the suspension of most federal government operations that are not considered safety-related or necessary.
Reuters reported Tuesday that the construction spending report for this month has been cancelled.
A Commerce Department spokeswoman told Reuters on Monday that the report would not be released if the government shut down.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)1650 Views
- Quarry worker safety is a big deal in the U.S., but not everywhere in the world272 Views
- Opportunities for worker recruitment and retention194 Views
- Caterpillar “Built For It” Trials video: Cat generator powers Lantern Festival in China’s Yuhu Village146 Views
- Minnesota county considers a frac-sand mining ban132 Views