Construction unemployment drops to 15.6 percent in June, ABC says
The Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) reports that despite a loss of 9,000 jobs in June, the construction industry unemployment rate dropped to 15.6 percent – the lowest level since December 2008, according to the July 8 employment report by the U.S. Labor Department.
Meanwhile, the construction industry has added 2,000 jobs compared to the same time last year, according to the ABC report.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Caterpillar mining VP retires amid leadership shakeup1086 Views
- U.S. Concrete purchases a New Jersey aggregate operation376 Views
- Thieves derail train in Mexico to steal 70 tons of cement326 Views
- MSHA gives out $8.4 million to 47 states for mine safety and health training319 Views
- Four contractors compete for $1.1 billion I-285/GA 400 interchange project in Atlanta280 Views