Construction unemployment drops to 15.6 percent in June, ABC says
The Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) reports that despite a loss of 9,000 jobs in June, the construction industry unemployment rate dropped to 15.6 percent – the lowest level since December 2008, according to the July 8 employment report by the U.S. Labor Department.
Meanwhile, the construction industry has added 2,000 jobs compared to the same time last year, according to the ABC report.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs624 Views
- Caterpillar lays off hundreds more, announces plant closing in North Carolina360 Views
- Cat 6015B hydraulic shovel offers increased power, more loading capacity332 Views
- Transportation funding extended through Dec. 4 as House and Senate work out long-term bill254 Views
- Martin Marietta names new executive vice president218 Views