Construction unemployment drops to 15.6 percent in June, ABC says
The Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) reports that despite a loss of 9,000 jobs in June, the construction industry unemployment rate dropped to 15.6 percent – the lowest level since December 2008, according to the July 8 employment report by the U.S. Labor Department.
Meanwhile, the construction industry has added 2,000 jobs compared to the same time last year, according to the ABC report.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A truck driver died at a cement plant in Missouri719 Views
- Lafarge NA sells $450 million in assets to Summit Materials267 Views
- A 20-year-old died while swimming in a New York quarry239 Views
- Making sense of the split: Don't worry about Navistar, but where will Caterpillar find its 15-liter truck engine?226 Views
- NEAR MISS: Miner severely injured after he was electrocuted216 Views