Construction unemployment drops to 15.6 percent in June, ABC says
The Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) reports that despite a loss of 9,000 jobs in June, the construction industry unemployment rate dropped to 15.6 percent – the lowest level since December 2008, according to the July 8 employment report by the U.S. Labor Department.
Meanwhile, the construction industry has added 2,000 jobs compared to the same time last year, according to the ABC report.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources440 Views
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities411 Views
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger408 Views
- Loader operator dies after sand avalanche at Massachusetts sand and gravel company386 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register371 Views