Construction unemployment rate 13.3%, industry adds 26,000 jobs
The Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) reports that despite a stagnant national unemployment rate, the construction industry added 26,000 jobs in September, and the unemployment rate improved to 13.3 percent for the month, according to the Department of Labor’s Oct. 7 jobs report.
The unemployment rate is down from 13.5 percent in August, and much improved from 17.2 percent the same time last year. Year over year, the construction industry added 37,000 jobs, or 0.7 percent, compared to September 2010, ABC reports.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry736 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets508 Views
- Caterpillar full-year earnings dip with bad 4Q; 2015 doesn't look good either255 Views
- Obama wants 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' no mention of gas tax hike229 Views
- Responses to Obama's State of the Union address219 Views