Construction unemployment rate 13.3%, industry adds 26,000 jobs
The Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) reports that despite a stagnant national unemployment rate, the construction industry added 26,000 jobs in September, and the unemployment rate improved to 13.3 percent for the month, according to the Department of Labor’s Oct. 7 jobs report.
The unemployment rate is down from 13.5 percent in August, and much improved from 17.2 percent the same time last year. Year over year, the construction industry added 37,000 jobs, or 0.7 percent, compared to September 2010, ABC reports.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan Materials names new president and CEO724 Views
- Safety alert: Bright future cut short after drowning500 Views
- 3-year-old takes a turn as quarry foreman402 Views
- Bluff Spring Fen: Rare collaboration awarded for gorgeous restoration274 Views
- Lawsuit filed against directors of Martin Marietta260 Views