Construction unemployment rate 13.3%, industry adds 26,000 jobs
The Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) reports that despite a stagnant national unemployment rate, the construction industry added 26,000 jobs in September, and the unemployment rate improved to 13.3 percent for the month, according to the Department of Labor’s Oct. 7 jobs report.
The unemployment rate is down from 13.5 percent in August, and much improved from 17.2 percent the same time last year. Year over year, the construction industry added 37,000 jobs, or 0.7 percent, compared to September 2010, ABC reports.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Kelly Bailey named 2015 AggMan of the Year488 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries333 Views
- Hillary Clinton rolls out new $275 billion infrastructure plan252 Views
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs187 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding163 Views