Construction unemployment rate 13.3%, industry adds 26,000 jobs
The Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) reports that despite a stagnant national unemployment rate, the construction industry added 26,000 jobs in September, and the unemployment rate improved to 13.3 percent for the month, according to the Department of Labor’s Oct. 7 jobs report.
The unemployment rate is down from 13.5 percent in August, and much improved from 17.2 percent the same time last year. Year over year, the construction industry added 37,000 jobs, or 0.7 percent, compared to September 2010, ABC reports.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Osama bin Laden's family buys famous marble quarry1677 Views
- Four workers survive getting buried alive at sand and gravel plant1138 Views
- Federal judge forces MSHA inspection597 Views
- VIDEO: Worker dangles from excavator hammer 100 feet up374 Views
- Human remains found in Michigan quarry318 Views