Continental Stone Limited proposes rock export quarry in Fortune Bay, Canada
Continental Stone Limited has proposed a new crushed rock export quarry on an approximately 900-hectare (2,223-acre) site near the village of Belleoram in Newfoundland, Canada, according to a report from The Coaster.
The quarry will be located in Fortune Bay and will include a quarry, a marine wharf and a new access road. Operations will include quarrying and crushing rock on site and loading the material onto ships.
The operation is anticipated to ship about 2 million tonnes (2.2 million tons) in its first year.
Operations are expected to begin in September 2014.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 20151551 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151035 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1007 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production684 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone391 Views