Continental Stone Limited proposes rock export quarry in Fortune Bay, Canada
Continental Stone Limited has proposed a new crushed rock export quarry on an approximately 900-hectare (2,223-acre) site near the village of Belleoram in Newfoundland, Canada, according to a report from The Coaster.
The quarry will be located in Fortune Bay and will include a quarry, a marine wharf and a new access road. Operations will include quarrying and crushing rock on site and loading the material onto ships.
The operation is anticipated to ship about 2 million tonnes (2.2 million tons) in its first year.
Operations are expected to begin in September 2014.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program617 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas416 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents299 Views
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana277 Views
- Lafarge NA sells $450 million in assets to Summit Materials240 Views