Continental Stone Limited proposes rock export quarry in Fortune Bay, Canada
Continental Stone Limited has proposed a new crushed rock export quarry on an approximately 900-hectare (2,223-acre) site near the village of Belleoram in Newfoundland, Canada, according to a report from The Coaster.
The quarry will be located in Fortune Bay and will include a quarry, a marine wharf and a new access road. Operations will include quarrying and crushing rock on site and loading the material onto ships.
The operation is anticipated to ship about 2 million tonnes (2.2 million tons) in its first year.
Operations are expected to begin in September 2014.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Check out this drone footage of the Atlanta quarry where 'The Walking Dead' was filmed (VIDEO)412 Views
- Rogers Group's Pottsville Quarry reaches for the stars305 Views
- Quarry Quest is returning to Michels Materials Quarry in Wisconsin for a 17th year (VIDEO)289 Views
- Caterpillar to lay off another 475 employees261 Views
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter204 Views