Continental Stone Limited proposes rock export quarry in Fortune Bay, Canada
Continental Stone Limited has proposed a new crushed rock export quarry on an approximately 900-hectare (2,223-acre) site near the village of Belleoram in Newfoundland, Canada, according to a report from The Coaster.
The quarry will be located in Fortune Bay and will include a quarry, a marine wharf and a new access road. Operations will include quarrying and crushing rock on site and loading the material onto ships.
The operation is anticipated to ship about 2 million tonnes (2.2 million tons) in its first year.
Operations are expected to begin in September 2014.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Giant-sized Jenga402 Views
- Mining industry expected to lose 53% of skilled workers by 2029337 Views
- Martin Marietta Materials elects President and CEO Ward Nye as chairman of the Board229 Views
- Metal/nonmetal mining deaths rise by 27% in 2013201 Views
- Boston’s only quarry could start accepting contaminated construction fill152 Views