Continental Stone Limited proposes rock export quarry in Fortune Bay, Canada
Continental Stone Limited has proposed a new crushed rock export quarry on an approximately 900-hectare (2,223-acre) site near the village of Belleoram in Newfoundland, Canada, according to a report from The Coaster.
The quarry will be located in Fortune Bay and will include a quarry, a marine wharf and a new access road. Operations will include quarrying and crushing rock on site and loading the material onto ships.
The operation is anticipated to ship about 2 million tonnes (2.2 million tons) in its first year.
Operations are expected to begin in September 2014.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Worker airlifted to hospital after accident with rock crusher525 Views
- Cat rolls out its 6020B hydraulic shovel, matches 777G haul trucks360 Views
- Unexpected sand and gravel causes rollover accident343 Views
- Buffalo Crushed Stone cited for pollution172 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: A look at who’s in and who’s out in next Congress149 Views