Conveyor systems by AMI
This conveyor system was designed and built by AMI in order to transport up to eight separate aggregate products to truck load-out bins.
The key design challenge was how to support the product transfer conveyors while maintaining safe, adequate pathways for truck access to the bins.
The support design enables the complex system to function above and out of the way of truck traffic. The system consists of a series of lateral supports with the largest span utilizing a modified Pratt truss design.
The result was a support system with adequate clearance for truck traffic to pass below the conveyors while minimizing the number of support legs to grade.
MORE FROM Aggregates Zone
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA Alert: Electrical Safety358 Views
- What to expect at the 2014 ConExpo-Con/Agg show275 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Caterpillar’s 988K wheel loader199 Views
- Komatsu's WA1200-6 wheel loader offers more horsepower, lower costs175 Views
- Rare dinosaur skeleton found in quarry sells for more than $544,000167 Views