Conveyor systems by AMI
This conveyor system was designed and built by AMI in order to transport up to eight separate aggregate products to truck load-out bins.
The key design challenge was how to support the product transfer conveyors while maintaining safe, adequate pathways for truck access to the bins.
The support design enables the complex system to function above and out of the way of truck traffic. The system consists of a series of lateral supports with the largest span utilizing a modified Pratt truss design.
The result was a support system with adequate clearance for truck traffic to pass below the conveyors while minimizing the number of support legs to grade.
MORE FROM Aggregates Zone
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Cat introduces new track drill429 Views
- Mike Rowe talks about the dirty topic of educating future workers415 Views
- Caterpillar highlights equipment and connectivity at ConExpo-Con/Agg324 Views
- Rod Martin receives AggMan of the Year 2013 Award193 Views
- McLanahan Rolls Out Four Key Products192 Views