Conveyor systems by AMI
This conveyor system was designed and built by AMI in order to transport up to eight separate aggregate products to truck load-out bins.
The key design challenge was how to support the product transfer conveyors while maintaining safe, adequate pathways for truck access to the bins.
The support design enables the complex system to function above and out of the way of truck traffic. The system consists of a series of lateral supports with the largest span utilizing a modified Pratt truss design.
The result was a support system with adequate clearance for truck traffic to pass below the conveyors while minimizing the number of support legs to grade.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggregates Zone
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana1117 Views
- A quarry worker was found dead in a lake a week after he fell from a floating dredge1031 Views
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program479 Views
- Senate DRIVE Act is a six-year transportation bill with three-year Highway Trust Fund financing guarantee289 Views
- U.S. Aggregates set to reopen quarry in Indiana192 Views