Copper theft suspects arrested in North Carolina
The Pitt County Sheriff’s Office reported the arrest of three men for breaking and entering as well as for theft of copper wire at Martin Marietta Materials’ office in Fountain, North Carolina, according to Reflector.com.
John Aaron Warlick was arrested on May 24, Robert Lance Brady was arrested on May 31 and Derek Nathaniel Peele was arrested on June 3. All three have been charged with breaking and entering, felony larceny and injury to property of non-ferrous metal. Warlick has also been charged with obtaining property by false pretense and for unlawful transport of more than 25 pounds of copper wire on state highways.
The Sheriff’s Office responded to a report of a breaking and entering on May 23. According to a police report, the men entered through the office and removed 700 feet of copper wire, which investigators traced to a metal recycler where it had been sold.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 895 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life494 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers289 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts167 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning154 Views