Copper theft suspects arrested in North Carolina
The Pitt County Sheriff’s Office reported the arrest of three men for breaking and entering as well as for theft of copper wire at Martin Marietta Materials’ office in Fountain, North Carolina, according to Reflector.com.
John Aaron Warlick was arrested on May 24, Robert Lance Brady was arrested on May 31 and Derek Nathaniel Peele was arrested on June 3. All three have been charged with breaking and entering, felony larceny and injury to property of non-ferrous metal. Warlick has also been charged with obtaining property by false pretense and for unlawful transport of more than 25 pounds of copper wire on state highways.
The Sheriff’s Office responded to a report of a breaking and entering on May 23. According to a police report, the men entered through the office and removed 700 feet of copper wire, which investigators traced to a metal recycler where it had been sold.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person531 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines393 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger393 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)346 Views
- Lafarge, Holcim announce job cuts ahead of merger241 Views