Copper theft suspects arrested in North Carolina
The Pitt County Sheriff’s Office reported the arrest of three men for breaking and entering as well as for theft of copper wire at Martin Marietta Materials’ office in Fountain, North Carolina, according to Reflector.com.
John Aaron Warlick was arrested on May 24, Robert Lance Brady was arrested on May 31 and Derek Nathaniel Peele was arrested on June 3. All three have been charged with breaking and entering, felony larceny and injury to property of non-ferrous metal. Warlick has also been charged with obtaining property by false pretense and for unlawful transport of more than 25 pounds of copper wire on state highways.
The Sheriff’s Office responded to a report of a breaking and entering on May 23. According to a police report, the men entered through the office and removed 700 feet of copper wire, which investigators traced to a metal recycler where it had been sold.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs670 Views
- Caterpillar lays off hundreds more, announces plant closing in North Carolina362 Views
- Cat 6015B hydraulic shovel offers increased power, more loading capacity340 Views
- Transportation funding extended through Dec. 4 as House and Senate work out long-term bill254 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries216 Views