Cornyn on budget: ‘We cannot sit on our hands and wait’
U.S. Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas), a member of the Senate Budget Committee, on July 13 signed on as a co-sponsor of the Cut, Cap, and Balance Act of 2011, which was introduced by Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah).
“With the President refusing to show leadership and the Democrat-controlled Senate refusing to pass a budget over the last two years, they have no better solutions than throwing more hard-earned taxpayer dollars at our fiscal problems and hoping they go away,” said Cornyn.
“Amidst a jobs crisis, runaway spending, and a fragile economic recovery, we cannot sit on our hands and wait for Democrats to come up with budget solutions,” he continued. “I’ve signed on to the Cut, Cap, and Balance Act of 2011 because it includes real solutions, like a balanced budget amendment to the U.S. Constitution, to get Washington to live within its means.”
The Cut, Cap, and Balance Act of 2011 includes three major components:
- CUT: Immediately cut spending by $142 billion;
- CAP: Cap spending at 2006 levels;
- BALANCE: Require the passage of a balanced budget amendment before the debt limit is increased.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Atlanta turning quarry into one of America's largest reservoirs1064 Views
- CRH continues to eye large deals to grow the Irish aggregate company485 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources434 Views
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger417 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register339 Views