Critical Conveyor Components
The transverse support of the new heavy-duty idlers is angled to provide a more “robust” design that prevents bending and is sized to fit over CEMA E & F return roller brackets, according to the manufacturer.
Both the mounting brackets, as well as the end plates, are made from powder-coated A-36 steel. The return idler guard was designed to prevent injuries from pinch points and to catch the return idler if it should fall, protecting workers from the hazard of contacting the exposed idler. Everything in the Safe-Guard line is fully adjustable for a wide range of idler sizes and belt widths up to 96 inches.
15 percent better performance
The new Kraftband Super KBX-POWER belt from Optibelt employs advanced production processes, improved materials, and optimized molded cogs. When compared to its predecessor, the KBX Kraftband belt, the new belt is said to offer up to 15 percent better performance. Its low-stretch polyester cord construction makes it a low-maintenance belt. The company says the product’s high-performance transmission in connection with its small pulley diameters and high-engine speeds make possible a reduction in weight and space. The belts can be used with up to five ribs or as a combination of sets.
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan shareholders reject board changes at annual meeting972 Views
- Former gravel quarry-turned-landfill transforms into nature reserve506 Views
- Americans consume 3 million pounds of minerals in a lifetime245 Views
- North Carolina grants Martin Marietta water quality certification for limestone quarry243 Views
- Excavators uncover ancient quarry in Jerusalem203 Views