Crushed Stone Pricing by State
Crushed stone producers fared slightly better, in terms of price per ton, than their sand and gravel counterparts during 2012.
While the average price of a metric ton of sand and gravel was $7.84, a metric ton of crushed stone sold for an average price of $9.76 during 2012.
In terms of overall production, the tops states were Texas, Pennsylvania, Missouri, Ohio and Illinois. Those five states produced approximately 385,300,000 tons of material during 2012.
In terms of pricing, operators in Mississippi commanded the highest average price per ton, $20.05, while operators in North Dakota received an average of $6.17 per ton.
Check out the image to the right to see how your production and pricing compares to others in your state.
To see 2012 sand and gravel pricing by state, click here.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry594 Views
- A Game of Stones: Quarry set location of 'The Wall' in HBO show could become a permanent attraction502 Views
- The nation’s top 25 crushed stone producers420 Views
- A miner was seriously injured after a metal walkway gave way394 Views
- Summit Materials acquires Utah construction materials company384 Views