Cummins named among top green companies
Cummins reported a number of possible reasons for its high rankings, such as its technology devoted to product emissions standards; a second greenhouse gas reduction goal from 2005-2015; its multi-pronged water management strategy that blends conservation, risk management, and community involvement; its corporate responsibility focus; voluntarily reporting through the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) since 2006, along with the CDP Water Project in 2012; and more.
The Newsweek methodology compares the actual environmental footprints, management ,(policies, programs, initiatives, and controversies) and reporting practices of big companies. Newsweek teamed with Trucost and Sustainalytics to gather and analyze the data.
To learn more about Cummins, visit cummins.com.
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Four major California areas expected to deplete aggregate supply in next 10 years701 Views
- Product of the Week: Cat 988K loader518 Views
- Diesel fuel price report: June 17, 2013126 Views
- California firefighters respond to quarry blaze126 Views
- Rock quarry owner proposes expansion in Sitka, Alaska118 Views