Cummins named among top green companies
Cummins reported a number of possible reasons for its high rankings, such as its technology devoted to product emissions standards; a second greenhouse gas reduction goal from 2005-2015; its multi-pronged water management strategy that blends conservation, risk management, and community involvement; its corporate responsibility focus; voluntarily reporting through the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) since 2006, along with the CDP Water Project in 2012; and more.
The Newsweek methodology compares the actual environmental footprints, management ,(policies, programs, initiatives, and controversies) and reporting practices of big companies. Newsweek teamed with Trucost and Sustainalytics to gather and analyze the data.
To learn more about Cummins, visit cummins.com.
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Kelly Bailey named 2015 AggMan of the Year439 Views
- Hillary Clinton rolls out new $275 billion infrastructure plan335 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries327 Views
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs194 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding166 Views