Cummins named among top green companies
Cummins reported a number of possible reasons for its high rankings, such as its technology devoted to product emissions standards; a second greenhouse gas reduction goal from 2005-2015; its multi-pronged water management strategy that blends conservation, risk management, and community involvement; its corporate responsibility focus; voluntarily reporting through the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) since 2006, along with the CDP Water Project in 2012; and more.
The Newsweek methodology compares the actual environmental footprints, management ,(policies, programs, initiatives, and controversies) and reporting practices of big companies. Newsweek teamed with Trucost and Sustainalytics to gather and analyze the data.
To learn more about Cummins, visit cummins.com.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- 20-year-old killed at sand and gravel mill905 Views
- Rocker Bob Seger rips Wisconsin mine plan in new song [Audio]662 Views
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability633 Views
- Vulcan makes several changes to its organizational structure569 Views
- Sand thieves targeting the world's beaches413 Views