Cummins named among top green companies
Cummins reported a number of possible reasons for its high rankings, such as its technology devoted to product emissions standards; a second greenhouse gas reduction goal from 2005-2015; its multi-pronged water management strategy that blends conservation, risk management, and community involvement; its corporate responsibility focus; voluntarily reporting through the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) since 2006, along with the CDP Water Project in 2012; and more.
The Newsweek methodology compares the actual environmental footprints, management ,(policies, programs, initiatives, and controversies) and reporting practices of big companies. Newsweek teamed with Trucost and Sustainalytics to gather and analyze the data.
To learn more about Cummins, visit cummins.com.
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151074 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1031 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production733 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 2015673 Views
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success545 Views