Cummins named among top green companies
Cummins reported a number of possible reasons for its high rankings, such as its technology devoted to product emissions standards; a second greenhouse gas reduction goal from 2005-2015; its multi-pronged water management strategy that blends conservation, risk management, and community involvement; its corporate responsibility focus; voluntarily reporting through the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) since 2006, along with the CDP Water Project in 2012; and more.
The Newsweek methodology compares the actual environmental footprints, management ,(policies, programs, initiatives, and controversies) and reporting practices of big companies. Newsweek teamed with Trucost and Sustainalytics to gather and analyze the data.
To learn more about Cummins, visit cummins.com.
From our partners
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Worker airlifted to hospital after accident with rock crusher526 Views
- Cat rolls out its 6020B hydraulic shovel, matches 777G haul trucks364 Views
- Unexpected sand and gravel causes rollover accident344 Views
- Buffalo Crushed Stone cited for pollution173 Views
- Eliminate the fat and increase profits through lean processing162 Views