Cummins named among top green companies
Cummins reported a number of possible reasons for its high rankings, such as its technology devoted to product emissions standards; a second greenhouse gas reduction goal from 2005-2015; its multi-pronged water management strategy that blends conservation, risk management, and community involvement; its corporate responsibility focus; voluntarily reporting through the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) since 2006, along with the CDP Water Project in 2012; and more.
The Newsweek methodology compares the actual environmental footprints, management ,(policies, programs, initiatives, and controversies) and reporting practices of big companies. Newsweek teamed with Trucost and Sustainalytics to gather and analyze the data.
To learn more about Cummins, visit cummins.com.
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Cat introduces new track drill438 Views
- Mike Rowe talks about the dirty topic of educating future workers422 Views
- McLanahan Rolls Out Four Key Products207 Views
- Rod Martin receives AggMan of the Year 2013 Award194 Views
- MSHA Assistant Secretary of Labor Main updates NSSGA on recent agency actions185 Views