Daimler recalling Freightliner, Western Star trucks
Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) is recalling more than 103,000 of its Class 8 trucks manufactured between 2006 and this year, it said in a notice to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
The recall is to fix an engine fuel line that could be damaged during maintenance, NHTSA said. “The pump to rail high-pressure fuel line support system is sensitive to assembly torque and may be damaged during service work,” NHTSA said. “The line supports may loosen, potentially leading to fuel line cracking and a fuel leak.” The leaked fuel could be ignited resulting in a fire, the agency added.
Included in the recall are Freightliner 114SD, Business Class M2, Cascadia, Century, Columbia, and Coronado models; Sterling 9500; and Western Star 4700, 4900, and 6900 models, mostly covering model years 2006-2013.
The recall also involves 428 Detroit DD13, DD15, and DD16 engines sold to other vehicle manufacturers.
The company said no accidents or injuries have resulted from the reported defect.
DTNA will notify owners and replace, where necessary, the fuel line support system for free at a DTNA authorized service facility, the company said. Owners may call (800) 547-0712 for information.
Owners may call the NHTSA vehicle safety hotline at (888) 327-4236 and reference recall campaign number 12C-2.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support179 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park163 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger148 Views
- Missouri man arrested for burglary of quarry and gun range113 Views