Daimler Trucks expands production, hiring plans
Daimler Trucks North America plans to add 628 new positions in its Mt. Holly and Gastonia manufacturing plants to accommodate rising customer demand and expanding production schedules. Company officials also said hiring will occur at all of the company’s truck and parts manufacturing facilities during the first half of the year, totaling approximately 1,300 positions.
The Mt. Holly plant is located in Mt. Holly, North Carolina, and plans to fill 447 new manufacturing and 27 plant-based administrative positions beginning in mid-March. The Gastonia plant is located in Gastonia, North Carolina, and plans to add 149 manufacturing jobs and five related administrative positions during the February to pay time period. Planned 2011 hiring will also include 600 positions in DTNA’s Mexico manufacturing plants in Santiago and Saltillo.
This announcement followed the reinstatement of more than 1,600 manufacturing and related administrative positions throughout the company’s manufacturing network since January 2010.
From our partners
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Worker airlifted to hospital after accident with rock crusher509 Views
- Cat rolls out its 6020B hydraulic shovel, matches 777G haul trucks372 Views
- Unexpected sand and gravel causes rollover accident326 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: A look at who’s in and who’s out in next Congress149 Views
- 10-year-old boy falls 30 feet into NY quarry140 Views